Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Who Makes the Best Quality Decoys? >

Who Makes the Best Quality Decoys?

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Who Makes the Best Quality Decoys?

Old 02-26-2003, 12:28 AM
Typical Buck

Default Who Makes the Best Quality Decoys?

Who makes the best quality decoys? I' m looking for decoys that are a cut above Flambeau and G&H. They look awlful.
Old 02-26-2003, 04:59 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Who Makes the Best Quality Decoys?

In a plastic G&H is the best for that particular material. Then you step up to the Herters style of decoy. Beyond that you' ll be looking at cork.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have flambu' s and they are realy great decoys i think. i like them. never had problems. if you want better go with cork. thats about all i can think of
Old 02-26-2003, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

Herter' s cork decoys are in the Cabela' s catalog. All things being equal will cork out decoy the plastics?
Old 02-26-2003, 09:57 AM

I use both G&H' s and Herters. Herters are very tough decoys, if you tend to shoot at ducks that are buzzing on top of the dekes that is the way to go, they can take shot better than any plastic decoy!

I hunt big water (great lakes), my decoy spread of big Herters will pull ducks in much more consistantly than the guys that hunt a little ways down the shore with plastics. They are just much more visible due to the size, they also sit on the water much more naturally than the plastics. Herters is not the way to go if you are carrying decoys in, they are just too heavy! If you tend to walk in to a spot or use a canoe go with the plastics.
Old 02-26-2003, 01:10 PM

G&H all the way
Old 02-26-2003, 04:05 PM
Spike

I think Flambeau makes the best decoy for your money. G&H are nice decoys but if I' m gonna spend that kind of money I would go with Herters. I can put 2 to 3 dozen Flambeaus on the water for the price of 1 dozen G&H. I have about 10 dz Flambeau mags and standards for the wade in or paddle in hunts and a whole seperate spread of Herters that are rigged for the big water when the swamps and potholes freeze. I am also big on variety so my spreads consist of mallards, woodies, widgeons, pintails, teal, blacks, cans, goldeneyes, bluebills, and of course Canadas.

I have been eyeballin the Bond decoys but they sure do look a suspiciously lot like Carrylites to me which are total junk (paint shedders and crackers).

If you are going to put the best looking and most durable decoy you can buy on the water then go with the Herters Ultimate Milleniums. They look awsome and that finish just ain' t coming off.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:28 PM
Fork Horn

G&H are probably the best quality decoy that comes in plastic. Other materials I wouldhave to say Herters makes very good durable decoy' s. The only problem with both of these is they' re very very expensive. To expensive for my tastes so I use Flambeau' s, carrylites and Bond' s. Bonds really impressed me this last year they' re cheap cheap decoys but they' re not like other cheap decoy' s. They look better they' re tougher and the paint doesn' t chip very easily. I liked em.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:32 PM
Spike

Are they comparable to Carrylites or do they seem to be a better quality decoy?
Old 02-27-2003, 02:28 AM
Fork Horn

They' re about the same size but are made of a hevier pastic adn their paint seems to be much better. After my first year with the carrylites There was very very noticeable paint wear and after ths year with the bonds there odviously was a little wear but nothing like the carrylites.

Quick Reply: Who Makes the Best Quality Decoys?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.