Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 3 Week Break...This sucks! >

3 Week Break...This sucks!

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

3 Week Break...This sucks!

Old 12-17-2007, 04:09 PM

Default 3 Week Break...This sucks!

Well Gunner 7848 & myself are going to take it easy on you with the "Team 8" scoring for the next couple weeks. The season has closed for a bit up here in MI but we'll be back in full force in a couple weeks! Of course the ducks are all over, and geese are landing in back yards...lol But hey thats the way it goes. Time to celbrate the holidays and get back at it soon!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:27 PM

Default RE: 3 Week Break...This sucks!

Well I have been doing some pheasant hunting and it has been slow just been getting rabbits and flushing hens up. I'm heading to Delaware Jan. 3-5 hope to get me some Brant's, snows, geese, divers, puddle ducks and those sea ducks. So when do I get to hunt the west side of the state for those geese you guys got in your back yard. Geese are leaving over here everything is getting ice. there will be geese around but I will have to do some scouting.
Wouldn't this be something to get while im there:

MUTE SWANS
Mute swans are nonnative & not protected under State or U.S. Law. Hunters may harvest Mute swans and they will not count as part of the daily bag.
Mute swans have an
ORANGE BILL WITH A BLACK FLESHY KNOB ON TOP AT THE FEATHER LINE. Mute swans DO NOT FEED IN FIELDS and will only be encountered IN WETLANDS.
NOTE! Native
Old 12-18-2007, 02:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do you guys have any suggestions for a new guy on how to get the geese in late season here in MI when everything is freezing up?

Where are you guys from?
Old 12-18-2007, 02:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck on the swans Gunner, take some pic.s
Old 12-18-2007, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

This has been a tough season for me, hopefully I make it out a few times in late season...The michigan seasons always seem to work that way! As soo as season closed my honey holes were stacked!!! On the bright side the steelhead should be turning on soon!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 07:50 AM

What I do is look, look ,look and scout for geese and follow the geese to see where there going and have 4 other people in my group that scout to. I find it to be a lot easier to get permission to hunt on someone's land for the late season goose hunt because DEER is all over.
ORIGINAL: AR 34 eight point

Do you guys have any suggestions for a new guy on how to get the geese in late season here in MI when everything is freezing up?

Where are you guys from?
Old 12-18-2007, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where are all you guys from? I see Tecumsah. I live just north of GR.

Carp, where will you be hitting the Steelies up? Seems like the only decent spot is the Muskegon and St. Joe...
All my tributaries are sucking... [:'(]
Old 12-18-2007, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I fish the PM, White, MO, and the PW in the winter. I do a lot of pier fishing too, Jan - early march are my best months.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:29 PM

We do a fair amount of goose hunting on some river systems around the area. When the ice starts coming in their always seems to be open spots on the river. We usually don't hunt them at night, just during late monring-midday when they come back from feeding to loaf. Otherwise we find fields close to these areas on the river where the most geese are concentrated. During the cold late season geese only seem to fly as far as they need to feed. Thats at least most the time. Put out a HUGE spread otherwise in their route to feed and try ton convince them.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, thanks TFA, that is some great information. Thank you again.

Quick Reply: 3 Week Break...This sucks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.