Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

mounting ducks

Old 01-27-2003, 12:21 PM
ARO

Default mounting ducks

how does everyone decide the position to get there ducks mounted? do certain ducks look better flying and others standing or preening, i just started duck hunting this year, so i am kinda new at this.

thanks
ARO
Old 01-28-2003, 12:03 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-01-2003, 10:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: mounting ducks

I agree that it's a matter of preference what position you'd like. Personally I just take pictures and keep a journal. I've found mounts of all kinds to be dust collectors and a royal pain. Remember it will be you that has to care for them odds are the wife or girlfriend won't. Even big game I just do pics and a european style skull.
Must easier to sit back and thumb thru a book to relieve those memories. I'll save the feathers for fly tying not hanging on the wall.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Aro,here's one of my favorite mounts.It's 2 mallards with 3 ducklings under the hen.It's a table-top mount.
Old 02-10-2003, 11:00 AM

ARO

It is a personal opinion, if you want to get it mounted at all and if you choose to get one mounted what works or looks good to you. I think if you see a mount you like remember it so you can look that particular mount up at the taxidermist or at the very least explain it to them. If you have not seen anything you liked than look at what he can show you he has done, as well as what he has pic's of in his ordering guide. Find something you would enjoy and enhance the interior of your home, cottage etc..
Old 02-10-2003, 08:58 PM

Im lucky, ive got a friend that I do a fair bit of waterfowling with he does nothing but waterfowl mounts. Ive only got a few done, a can, goldeneye, redhead, wigeon, and a couple woodies.

I just give them to him and say make me happy Dave! I let him pick the mount, ive been happy with all his work. If there is any damage he knows the best way to hide it. The thing I notice though is all the puddlers are flying and the divers are in a standing position. Now I want a plumed Greenwing!
Old 02-19-2003, 07:27 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-19-2003, 08:28 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-21-2003, 08:46 AM
ARO

brian, thanks for the info, thats what i wanted to know. i was thinking the same thing about the crested ducks.

ARO
Old 02-26-2003, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would say just look at some different mounts and pick which one you like best. i hope to learn how to mount ducks someday

Quick Reply: mounting ducks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.