Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Need Duck Call Ideas

Old 11-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

Default Need Duck Call Ideas

I am looking at purchasing a new duck call. Was curious to what people prefer here. Which is the best, or are they all about the same. And, where is the best place to get the best price.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Need Duck Call Ideas

RNT!
Old 11-13-2007, 07:54 PM

Everyone is different in what calls they can make sound good. My go to calls are a haydels DR-85, Primos PHAT lady and my ultimate go too callsare the cheapest ones I own, a Knight and Hale single Reed and on OLT D-2. I own several higher end calls and honestly,, they are more lanyard ornaments that anything!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

Haydel and Buck Gardner
Old 11-14-2007, 06:43 AM

I like Duck Commander calls, the classic is the most duck-like call i've ever heard and it's only like $20.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

the easiest ones to call are the double reed calls and in my opinion the doubles sound the best they givea little more raspiness to the tone. the single reeds will give you better tone range but are harder to learn on. to me i dont want to work harder when calling than when shooting so i stick with a double reed. I use a kight and hale bachlorette and a remington double reed
Old 11-14-2007, 08:00 PM

primos lorreta hen. best sounding double reed for the money. double reeds are the way to go. this call sounds like a hen mallard plain and simple
Old 11-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

The double reed vs. single reed issue has been blown way out of whack. I started on a single reed, then got a double reed, then proceeded to never use the double reed calls. Now, I don't even keep one on my lanyard. Single reeds are more versatile.....you can blow straight air through them and make some hail calls, and then tone it down and put a little grunt through the call to bring the ducks down. I just don't like having to switch calls during a calling sequence. Sure, double reeds have their place in duck hunting........that place just isnt on my lanyard.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Buffinator

The double reed vs. single reed issue has been blown way out of whack. I started on a single reed, then got a double reed, then proceeded to never use the double reed calls. Now, I don't even keep one on my lanyard. Single reeds are more versatile.....you can blow straight air through them and make some hail calls, and then tone it down and put a little grunt through the call to bring the ducks down. I just don't like having to switch calls during a calling sequence. Sure, double reeds have their place in duck hunting........that place just isnt on my lanyard.
My thoughts exactly I started on a double and know I don't even own one. With a single reed call I can go straight from getting the highball to a low raspy hen in one breath. It just takes practice.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like my RNT and my Foiles Timber rattler.

Quick Reply: Need Duck Call Ideas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.