Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Federal Black Cloud

Old 08-18-2007, 09:02 PM

Default Federal Black Cloud

Does anyone know if Federal is making the Black Cloud steel in 10 guage?
Love to know if they do....

Det./Sgt.14[8D]
"If it flies, it dies"
Old 08-23-2007, 09:10 PM

Default RE: Federal Black Cloud

I have not seen any yet, but they sure pattern well out of my Benelli. Can't wait to see what they do on the honkers in Sept.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been looking for some to try in 12 gauge but have not found them yet. Are they expensive?
Old 08-24-2007, 06:35 PM

I have received word from Federal that they are not producing Black Cloud in 10 ga. for this season (2007-2008), however, possibly next year.

For ColoradoLuckyDog, from what I have seen, Black Cloud does not appear to be any more or less expensive than standard steel shot, and if you shoot Hevi-Shot, Bismuth, or Tungsten, Black Cloud will probably be cheaper than what you have been buying.

DetSgt14
"If it flies, it dies"
Old 08-24-2007, 07:34 PM

I have seen it from $17 to $24 a box of 25 depending on 3" or 3.5". Cabelas just sent a flyer out and they had it advertised. I got some early this summer from a federal rep. I have asked alot of local dealers and most have not gotten any in. I live in Central PA and stopped in to Cabelas (Hamburg Store)about a month ago and they had a ton of flats sitting on the shelf.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it's $17 dollars, I'll pass, and just keep using Kent Faststeel. So far Kent has done me very well. If I'm hunting in a contest or something else I feel is important, I'll spend the dough and buy the Bismuth. I'm not sure why I do, I just do. But Kent has always worked well for me!
Old 08-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: HenYelp

I have not seen any yet, but they sure pattern well out of my Benelli. Can't wait to see what they do on the honkers in Sept.
ill second that, haha, only one more week!!!
Old 08-25-2007, 08:45 PM

Kent has been my choice of steel shot shells for several years. It patterns well and the cost is far lower than some other brands. The one thing I would stay away from is Winchester Xpert steel. That stuff is junk. I was on a hunt in Arkansas in Jan 2007, several of us had different brands of steel so we decided to cut then open and compare. The Xpert stuff looked like shot that was swept up off the floor at the factory. The shot was not round and several pieces (20 or so) had flat spots or indentions in the shot. So I'd stay away from that junk.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:13 PM

Made a side trip to Cabela's in Owatonna and saw the Federal Black Cloud on the shelf....They were asking 19.95 a box (25 rds)!Federal say they deliver better results with the new pellet shape but at $20 a box my aim has to be a lot better before I switch over.
...or perhaps I'll win the lottery...ha ha ha

RedBeard5289
Old 08-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

20 bucks a box here. Its the cheapest ammo in the stores around here. Anyone tried it out of a patternmaster? I heard it doesn't shoot well out of aftermarket tubes.

Quick Reply: Federal Black Cloud

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.