Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

FOILES CALLS

Old 08-16-2007, 06:12 AM

Default FOILES CALLS

JUST WANTED TO SEE IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE WE CAN GET THE BEST PRICE ON THESE CALLS ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREAT.............
Old 08-16-2007, 09:04 AM

Default RE: FOILES CALLS

Frankly I have seen several of Jeff Foiles " hunting videos"and because of his assinine behavior on those I would not think of everowning and enriching his kind by buying anything he is selling.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:40 AM

ORIGINAL: drgildy

Frankly I have seen several of Jeff Foiles " hunting videos"and because of his assinine behavior on those I would not think of everowning and enriching his kind by buying anything he is selling.
Hope this one gets him in real hot water!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbhtnlCNKDo
Old 08-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

Dial up doesn't do well with youtube.....anyone care to fill me in on the "assinine behavior", I haven't heard anything negative about him. I have 2 of his "Fallin' Skys" DVD's and don't see any problem with him. I blow a Foiles Strait Meat Acrylic and love it. Ebay always has good deals on brand new calls but you have to be patient and wait for a good deal. If you want one now, you might just have to shop around at your local sporting goods stores.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:49 PM

I WAS AT THE SPORTSMANS SHOW IN COLORADO AND MET THE GUY, HE GAVE ME TIPS AND ACTUALLY GOT ME IN TO THE WHOLE SHORT REED THING, HE WAS A RESPECTFULLY NICE GUY. I DID NOTICE THAT HIS CALLS ARE ABOUT $25 CHEAPER AT THE SHOW THAN IN THE STORES, I DONT PERSONALLY HAVE ONE OF HIS CALLS, BECAUSE I COULDN'T SEE SPENDING $120-$150 ON A CALL EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE GUARENTIED AND IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS YOU CAN SEND THEM TO HIM AND HE WILL TUNE IT FOR YOU. BUT IF YOU ARE HUNTING GEESE AND CAN'T TUNE YOUR CALL YOU SHOULD STICK TO GUIDED HUNTS.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've met Jeff a few times here in Colorado. He came up for our first goose hunting contest a couple of years ago andI got to throw back a couple and talk a while. If you met him, I think you would really like him, really down to earth. While everyone was partying at our banquet he tuned all my calls and we went outside and he showed me a thing or two on the call. From what I understand he has a few new things going on here in Colorado.

I use my Buck Gardner Canada Hammer the most, but I always have the Straight Meat Honker, and the Dead Meat Mallard on my lanyard.

Edit- I should add that if I'm going to be hunting over the ice, I always bring my Meat Cutter. I think it is the best flute call ever made.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:04 PM

THANKS ALOT GUYS, AND LIKE JEFF SAYS (KILL EM BOYS)....
Old 08-17-2007, 01:41 PM

ORIGINAL: DuckHuntin247

Dial up doesn't do well with youtube.....anyone care to fill me in on the "assinine behavior", I haven't heard anything negative about him.

Its a clip from fallin skys 4,, right about the 50 minute mark. Flock of mallardscome in on him, boom, boom,boom,boom. CLEARLY very clearly fires 4 rounds at them.. He was floating a 4th shell in his benelli.. Says he wasnt, heput the 4th one into the gun,, his hands never move on it.Very clear he never put another shell in the gun. you-tube has removed the video.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks swamp. Maybe I'm just a nice guy but I don't know if I would base my opinion on someone on one unconfirmed incident. He's still a very knowledgable guy, and has good advice. Just watched an episode of Mojo Outdoors with him on it today and I have no problem at all with "enriching his kind by buying anything he is selling." Love his goose call and his hunting footage.On the other handI would not buy anything with Tred Barta's name on it. AndI wouldn't be caught dead buying into ANYTHING that the2 clowns on "Flyway Highway" are indorsing...cannot stand those 2.