Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Guided Hunts Info

Old 07-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Guided Hunts Info

I'm in no way associated with these guys, I've just heard people here ask who is good and worth the money. People I know very well recomend them highly, so I can recomend them with confidence! Check em out!

www.tngoutdoors.com

Old 07-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Guided Hunts Info

Yet another company were there is a minumum amount of people required, I don't understand it. Guess business is so great they don't need single huntersanymore.

I do most of my hunting alone, and this year I was lookng for a guided goose hunt, more so to get my new pup out hunting, and I see min amount of people, 2, 3 or 4, and couple eithr charge you a couple hndred more if you are alone or make you pay for te missing people, Never had that issue out West, but again that was over 9 years ago.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cessna Flyer

Yet another company were there is a minumum amount of people required, I don't understand it. Guess business is so great they don't need single huntersanymore.

I do most of my hunting alone, and this year I was lookng for a guided goose hunt, more so to get my new pup out hunting, and I see min amount of people, 2, 3 or 4, and couple eithr charge you a couple hndred more if you are alone or make you pay for te missing people, Never had that issue out West, but again that was over 9 years ago.
The hunt has to be worth their time. It's the difference between a person deciding to work for four dollars an hour or twenty dollars an hour. Equipment is expensive and so are the leases. And the season is short. I've heard a lot of good things about these ol boys and I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut hole they would work something out for you and your dog! I'd give them a call!
Old 07-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

I see what you are saying,But, I don't buy it.They also need to understand the amount of clients they loose because of this also. I am not going to call and book a hunt or try to bookand be told there is a minimum, I read their web sites and most don't say if less give a call, most say point blank, min amount of people. and I have yet to see a guide who will take single people only have one person hunting, the least I have seen was 4 and that was 2 single books and a double.

Except for one maybe two places I have contacted the only other has been Canada that will accept single bookings, and I have yet on the other forum to get a guide or company explain why.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

You have to understand, it's about just trying to stay afloat, not getting rich. I have several friends that are either guides are have been guides, there's hardly no money in it. Why don't you try to get some friends together and book a hunt?If you are wanting to take just you and your dog in Colorado on a couple of goose hunts, I would be glad to take you out a couple of days, no charge. I don't have time to go out and scout but I have about 40 leases thatI usually know what the birds are doing. If the front range is where you want to hunt, give me a pm. I really think you would be happier with an outfitter!I am not a outfitter, butI am the very good looking manly type dude on the left!

Old 07-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

Please don't get me wrong, I totally understand what you are saying, I just don't understand it, and may never. The problem is I am moving to a new State this week ( North Carolina) and have no one to ask as of right now. I don't know if my daughter will hunt or not, if she does, then my worries are for non at least for the time being. The biggest thing is, I have a new area that I have to learn were and what is.

I do thank you very much for the offer and may just take you up on it.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:32 PM

cessna ,what are you waiting for come on over here to northern illinois...well have your barrel smokin like a cigar........................
Old 07-27-2007, 09:52 AM

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

I'm in no way associated with these guys, I've just heard people here ask who is good and worth the money. People I know very well recomend them highly, so I can recomend them with confidence! Check em out!

www.tngoutdoors.com
(Guided hunts are for people with no sense , that why i call those people New Yorkers)
Old 07-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Keith Miller

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

www.tngoutdoors.com
(Guided hunts are for people with no sense , that why i call those people New Yorkers)

Waterfowl hunting takes a ton of equipment and years of experience and good property to hunt on. What is wrong with someone that hunts big game to want to go waterfowling, for a change of pace,without making a huge investment. This is just another of your ever increasingly stupid statements.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:32 AM

I kinda see things both ways here guys. The guide has to make his money, and the hunter wants to get out by himself.

Seems the guide, is at least going to make SOMETHING taking just one hunter, as opposed to not taking any hunters because he wont take a single without the extra charge. I mean really, if no group has booked that guide by then, they are not going to.You don't take anybody, you don't make anything.So take the money for a single and get to it. You never know, that single hunter might be the guy that brings a group out next time.

a couple hundred for one is better than $0.00 and not taking anybody.

(sorry, been a while since I have hunted with a guide, don't know what daily rates might be)

Quick Reply: Guided Hunts Info

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.