Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Robo Ducks?

Old 05-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Robo Ducks?

If I'm on the river and have to hump them in, I only use as many as we can carry in one trip. If I can drive to my spot on the lake, pond or river I use all I got.I'll run mine early in the morning and take them down when the sun starts hitting them good. If its cloudy I'll run them as long as we stay. I got a good deal on some this year so I have a total of six. How many do you guys use and how do you use them. Any secrets on robo ducks ya want to share?
Old 05-25-2007, 05:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Robo Ducks?

Depending on the day, I'll use up to 3. With everything out, I'll set up 2 on the vortex swing and one on the other side of my set up by itself.
Old 05-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm bumping this in hope of a little more input.

Thanks
Old 06-12-2007, 11:09 AM

Well, the one I got was one of the first. It lays on the water and the wings hit the surface making it look like shes feeding. Sadly, I haven't yet had the chance to use it. My step uncle has a newer Roboduck and she works like a charm! Every time we brought her out, we got a good number of birds coming in.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think they work nearly as good as they did 10 years ago. We had one of the first Robo Ducks (in fact I think thats what it was called) and that damn thing could bring a duck from well over a mile on a bright sunny day. Now, we have to have remotes to cut them off....motion on the water.....three or four instead of just one....its made the ducks MUCH more wary.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

i only use two but i would like one more. i use a baby mojo and a full size mojo.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

i use 2 Mojo's but like to get another one....the more the merrier....they really pull them birds in when the water and wind are none...Honkers
Old 06-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with you that once the Sun in up if not overcast, we find it best to take them down. Also, for some reason we've had more success with them field hunting at day break than on water. I can't say why.
We generally only have a couple up at a time though. I'd be interested to hear what others experience and how/when they've used them successfully.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Fork Horn

It seems that they've become less effective with each year. Where I hunt, your better off leaving them at home after the first month and a half or so of the season is over. Using a remote seems to help a lot. By just turning them on at certain times, maybe after seeing a flock off in the distance and flipping it on until the get a little closer seems to be more effective, almost treating it like you do flagging for goose hunting. It seems that later in the season, less is more.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:03 PM

i KNOW they work all season because last february i took a trip to reelfoot with my dad and a couple of his buddies. we forgot the stakes for or spinning wing decoys. we killed two ducks while the blind two our right 100 yards limited out because they had 5 of them up. that was the only difference in our setups and our caller was better anyway. our caller would bring em down, theyd circle us a few times then veer off and land in the setup of mojos.

it seemed that down in western TN, the more mojos, the better success. i saw one blind on the way out, that had 15 of these suckers running. they also had about 1500 decoys out too though. i know this is an unrealistic comparison to our average everyday setups, but they litterally SLAYED ducks all morning, dont know how many hunters were in the gigantic blind, but they killed ducks all morning long.

after witnessing this im a believer, so i plan on picking up one floating mojo, and one baby mojo for this upcoming season if nothing else changes.

Quick Reply: Robo Ducks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.