Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Flyway Highway = One Big Joke >

Flyway Highway = One Big Joke

Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Flyway Highway = One Big Joke

Old 03-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Flyway Highway = One Big Joke

We got Direct TV not too along ago, and for the most part I can say the hunting shows on there are pretty entertaining. Between the 3 outdoor channels we get, there's always something good on. One show in particular, "Flyway Highway", does not receive any respect from me however. The two ... i guess you could call them hunters ... are the most ridiculous hosts I've ever seen. They are loud, obnoxious, and it seems like all they do is pay big money to have a guide put them under birds. One episodeI can remember the host was at a sporting goods store, and talking about how much he was in love with his " 3'' super-mag semi auto". It's 3 inch mag/magnum....just magnum. Little things like that annoy me, then when they cut to the hunt, they think it's the greatest thing when they knock 2-3 birds down out of a flock, with 2 hunters. Anybody else out there annoyed by these two guys?
Old 03-11-2007, 10:11 PM
z31

Default RE: Flyway Highway = One Big Joke

I love it its a change of pase from all those other hunting shows plus every one hates em so I gotta love em.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:23 AM

I call them skybusters they always winging duck and dont half find them and they show to much talking and not enough hunting.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:09 PM

Yep, shows a lot of class when you have a dip in your mouth so big you can't even talk.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do not caer for the show at all.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

only reason i watch it is to numb the pain of the off season
Old 03-17-2007, 06:31 PM

The show is supposed to be a joke. Look at the first scene when they "break" Harold out of his house. I doubt that these guys act like this in real life. Like they said on the show - "this is reality TV" which all of us know is NOT reality.

Besides these two guys make me look like SuperHunter.

Watch as you would any comedy and don't expect to get anything new out of it. It is entertainment TV and not educational TV.

Besides, I doubt that these guys actually pay for these hunts. They are probably hired by the outfitters to advertise their business.

Gary
Old 03-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Spike

i would agree, these guys are a little crazy on the show.. but ive hunted with Craig, and when he is off camera he is just the same old huntin' type person.. i hunted with him down at Duckbill Guide Service in Walnut Ridge Arkansas (Great Place BTW) because my friends dad guides there so we can book about 3 weekends for free. But all in all yes the show is a little offkey from other hunting shows, but I kinda like that
Old 03-28-2007, 11:10 AM

The show is suppose to be humorous. It's more like a reality sitcom. How many of us fool around in the duck blind and say and do crazy things? We all do. As far as the skybusting goes, it's hard to tell with the camera. If you notice shots always look longer than they are in reality. The camera makes things alot smaller. By no means is this my favorite show but some need to lighten up.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:33 AM

All forms of entertainment are subjective to ones opinion. With that said, I kinda like the show. They aren't the best shots, and spend a lot of the show hocking products, but there is something kinda fun about it. They are not your typical hunting show hosts, everything seems kinda labored and unrehearsed. Which may hold its appeal for me.

Quick Reply: Flyway Highway = One Big Joke

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.