Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

new here

Old 12-08-2002, 03:12 PM

Default new here

Hi all
I am new here and to duck hunitng.
I am currently stationed down in San Diego and am looking into taking up duck hunting.
What should I do to start to get involved in this sport? What equipment should I NEED to have?
Any other info would be greatly excepted.
Thanks
Old 12-13-2002, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new here

Boy that's a long list. Have you ever hunted with a shotgun before? If not get some practice first. Get familiar with your equipment before going out hunting. Get a single shot or a pump action first so that you can practice making the shoots count. Pattern your shotgun with different loads. You'll need some camo clothing. Join a gun club and ask for areas to go hunting. Make sure to know the rules and regulations for the area you would be hunting. Keep checking this website. You'll get good tips from some of the guys on this website and good luck.
Old 12-16-2002, 08:11 PM

If you can find someone who hunts waterfowl, it will save you money. This is a very expensive sport. If your heart is in it, go for it! Do not even considder it if you do not want to spend the money to do it right. And last but not least.. thank you for protecting OUR country!

The USA is a great place to live!

Good Luck with the Duck!
Old 12-16-2002, 09:05 PM

Before you start spending money on the newest and latest equipment. Ive got a suggestion for you. If you plan on only hunting waterfowl say 3-5 times a year,, I'd hire a guide for your hunts! Trust me, in the long run, its probably much cheaper!

I spend an average of $6-800 a year on my waterfowling equipment, not including boat and fuel etc.. I hunt on average of 15-18 times a year for waterfowl. Now if I took that $800 a year, I could go on a guided duckhunt a minimum of 6 times in my area. This would put me in excellent hunting areas everytime and I would have all the equipment supplied!
Old 12-26-2002, 12:24 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]