Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
i need some info on some decoys >

i need some info on some decoys

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

i need some info on some decoys

Old 12-07-2002, 08:12 PM

Default i need some info on some decoys

hello everyone...i have a question that i am sure someone out there can answer for me. i recently had 2 dozen decoys given to me by an elderly lady whose husband has passed on. i have never seen anything like them before. they are rubber like the boot out of a tire. i found a name on them they are called PLASTIDUK they are/ were made in berkeley, CA by a company called neumann and bennett inc.. if anyone has any idea exactly how old these things are or how much they might be worth as a collectors item could you please let me know. they are kinda neat.. they have a valve like an inflatable football that you can pump up with air right underneath their tail feathers in the back.
Old 12-08-2002, 07:37 AM

Default RE: i need some info on some decoys

try on here!!

http://www.refugeforums.com/refuge/index.php
Old 12-09-2002, 06:08 PM

Default RE: i need some info on some decoys

I have a couple doz of them. I believe I bought them back in about the 60s. The problem with them is that if it is cold they gradually shrink till they do not look natural as the heads tilt up and the back becomes concave. I don't use mine any more because of this. I also have some goose decoys by the same company. If you don't hunt in cold weather they are all right. I believe the company is still in business as I saw their ad in a magazine not to long ago.