Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

new to waterfowl

Old 01-06-2007, 02:41 PM

Default new to waterfowl

Hi, my name is Mike and I live in Canada. I'm 17 years old and just getting started waterfowl hunting but I love it. There arent alot of options around here for me to buy a good quality call and since I'm 17 I dont have a credit card to order them over the internet. I know many of you guys are experts and was wondering if you know of a way I could get ahold of a decent quality call for cheap. I really dont have alot of resources to buy a call but would appreciate any advice or help you guys could give. Also if anyone is feeling generous enough, would you be able to donate a old begginer to call to me? doesnt matter if its a goose or duck call, i just want to practice before next season starts
Old 01-06-2007, 06:04 PM

Default RE: new to waterfowl

Get yourself a Haydels DR-85 duck call. Theyre under $20 and are excellent calls for the beginner or the experienced hunter.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

If you're close to a Wal Mart, get there now! This is about the time they clearance thier stuff. I just picked up a Quackhead for $11. I have bought good calls for a little as $5, if you can wait.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:48 AM

my walmart doesnt sell any goose or duck calls. the only calls they have are for deer and moose. otherwise id already have bought one
Old 01-08-2007, 12:06 PM

would anyone want to donate me one?
Old 01-08-2007, 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: mike.

would anyone want to donate me one?
Get someone to buy it online for you and then pay them cash for it. You really don't want a used one.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:49 PM

I reccomend getting two calls; a hen mallard and a 6-in-1. Both will be very effective in the field.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:11 PM

ya i turn 18 this summer and im going to get a credit card to buy a better call, but was just looking for a used call to practice with until season starts and then id donate it to another beginer
Old 01-08-2007, 09:02 PM

maryland wal-marts sell goose and duck calls
Old 01-08-2007, 09:25 PM

Hi, my name is Mike and I live in Canada.
maryland wal-marts sell goose and duck calls
that would be an awefully long roadtrip!

Quick Reply: new to waterfowl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.