Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

boat blind plans

Old 01-04-2007, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default boat blind plans

if you could give me some plans for a boat blind it would be much appreciated
Old 01-04-2007, 10:09 AM

Default RE: boat blind plans

What type of boat blind are you looking for? Any plans or do you have some sort of idea.
Old 01-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

After spending two seasons and several hundred dollars trying not to buy an aftermarket boat blind, I gave up. I suggest you do too, unless you know how to weld or are kin to someone who does. Either way, unless you have a lot of scrap lying around, its going to be hard to make something simple, removeable, sturdy and effective.

When I was in my inital design stage, all I did was buy a cammo boat cover and throw some burlap and fast grass over the boat, then I hit it in a creek and climbed up in a marsh. This is still what I do 90% of the time. But I do have a Quickset by Avery that came on my War Eagle. I have used it a few times, but its the wrong color for where I hunt. They redesigned them this year, and they supposedly made a lot of improvements.

The two other I have used and really like are the Northern Flight by cabelas and the Mud Buddy. Both great products.

Good luck. I don't mean to be condiscending or anything with the post, it can be done, and has been, but its a real pain.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:02 PM

Try this site nolan71.com. I have used this desighn on my last 2 boats. It is a scissor blind and have found it alot cheaper than buying a production model. I hunt out of the boat quite a bit when the waters up.