Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
decoying canadian geese and calling >

decoying canadian geese and calling

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

decoying canadian geese and calling

Old 11-26-2002, 06:11 PM

Default decoying canadian geese and calling

the geese at my house always come over this forest at about 100yds up. do you think i can get them low enough to shott them with bbb's with just a call (the idea would be that they here the call as theyre over the forest and be low enough to shoot them by the time that they know that there ARENT ANY GEESE THERE?) or would i have to buy decoys? an if so how many 6,or 12?
Old 11-26-2002, 06:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: decoying canadian geese and calling

welll shot size doesnt really matter

if tehres a field that the geese are feeding in near by with a few decoys u might get a few yearlings to break off but i doubt it cause the birds were up ehre for 2.5 months ponded by us and theve seen lots of decoys,,, ur best bet would be to maybe get a .308 or somthing similar and take a few pokes at them with that hehe JK

just a call doesnt do much but turn there head if they cant see anything they will just fly by unless they actually feed near by

BRAD
Old 11-30-2002, 12:04 AM

Default RE: decoying canadian geese and calling

Yeah canadians need to see lots of black to want to land, unless they're loners.

For better ideas though, you may want to find out where they are going. Hop in the car and follow them. Chances are there is a field a few miles down the road. Always worth the chance. Just found about 50 geese today in a field, got permission, and bagged three of them.

I just gotta hunt

Edited by - PaintballB4Girl on 11/30/2002 01:07:13