Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

duck call

Old 12-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default duck call

Looking for a duck call under 50 bucks.I am hunting small marshes and a little open water. I picked up the primos yo sista...not sure what to think about it. I can't get quiet on it. Seems like I can only whale on it.

Old 12-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: duck call

I just bought a Haydels Timber call, nice and quiet. I like it when my Foiles SMM is too much. Jim
Old 12-20-2006, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

This year I got the new Buck Gardner duck call for $40 and it sounds great. It has a real deep rich sound that has done a great job for methis year. The one I havefeatures the Spit Tech Polycarbonate, which guarantees not to stick regardless of how much spit, moisture, or water gets in it.

http://www.buckgardner.com

If you go to his site you can listen to the calls right there on the site.

Good luck!
Old 12-22-2006, 07:17 AM
Spike

Tim Grounds Sweet Meet... right around 50 bucks, Great call, diamondwood with polycarbonate insert
Old 12-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Original Duck Commander if you want quiet. Sounds more like a duck than a susie does.

Other call I use a lot is an Echo bois'darc barrel with a cocobola insert.

Also have one of those Haydel's doubles. Its a great call too.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

quackhead calls is good, they are a division of RNT calls
Old 12-22-2006, 05:19 PM

I'm really new to calls, but I bought a Duck Commander Original at walmart a few days ago for like $7.00. It's certainly is quite. But certainly do like it! I also bought there brown sugar model. Don't know how I feel about it. Doesn't take very much air. Figured I couldn't go wrong when it was half the price on their website.

I think calls are alot like some other things. Sometimes the simplest is best. And more money will buy you better quality control...sometimes...and more attention to detail....sometimes. But it rarely gaurentees a overall better product. Of course, I'm not saying expensive calls are trash...that's nonsense.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:28 PM

Ill bet the 2 calls that have been responsible for the most ducks killed ever would be...

the Olt D-2, out of business now,, real hard too find one.

And the Haydels DR-85,, still around and under $20.

Echo's are real nice calls,, a little more pricey though.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Typical Buck

Primos Timber Wench, Quackhead, and Flextone. You might be able to get all 3 for $50. I just got a Quackhead and like it a lot. The others, I've had for several years and are always good choices. Check your Wal Mart. They clearance the calls for cheap and have a good selection. I bought 5 Duck Commanders for $5 each a few years ago. Oh! Ther is some more. Duck Commander, Yetzen, Hydell's, and Big River Game Calls are good too. So many choices, so little ducks.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:38 PM

There are alot of GREAT calls out there, and I have several that I personally like. But my all time favorite calls are made by Tim Grounds. That could be partially cause I took one on one call lessons with him at a waterfowl calling contest and show.

Quick Reply: duck call

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.