Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Winchester SX3...

Old 12-04-2006, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

Default Winchester SX3...

What's the feedback on this gun?

I've been a big Benelli proponent, but this gun sure looks nice; and it's lighter than even the SBE2.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers
Old 12-05-2006, 07:17 AM

Default RE: Winchester SX3...

I've got an x2 and love it feels good swings good and shoots well.
I've heard that the only difference between the x2 and x3 is they've overbored the barrel to reduce recoil and the changed the action a little. I've never had a problem with my gun and never noticed any harsh recoil.
i'm 5'7" and 160lbs and have shot lots of 3 1/2 BB thru it no problem with recoil.

gs
Old 12-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

I'll have to agree with you, from the specs. the sx3 looks like a real winner. Never held one or even seen one.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:51 PM

My Brother has an SX2 and loves it. Only complaint he has is the cleaning of it. Of course he had a Win 1200 Pump prior to the SX2 so I think he is mostly complaining about how many more little pieces it has.

A buddy of ours bought himself the SX3 for the simply fact that he loved the way my brother's SX2 handled and felt when we shot clays. I shot both guns this summer and the SX3 definately has a lot less recoil than the SX2.

The only complaints our buddy has for the SX3 is that it doesn't take 3 1/2 shells (3 inch is the max[>:]) and halfway thru pheasant season the little "grip finger handle" (pardon my lack of technical names) to pull back the action so that you can load it fell off and was lost out in the middle of cattail slough. [:@]

I am still using a Win 1300 pump but plan on upgrading to a Stoeger 2000. Got a chance to fire one at a Firearm Retreat this summer and loved the feel of it. Benelli innards and great price are also very attractive features.
Going to have to upgradebefore the 2007 season, the boys I hunt with all have auto loaders and are baggin more game that me. -ha ha ha

Just my two cents...hope it helps.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:31 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks Redbeard,

The winchester website claims the SX3 will handle 3 1/2 shells. Did you buddy buy one that doesn't or is there a problem with the gun itself.

I hear you on the cleaning front. That's one real nice bonus for the inertia systems.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

Xtrema 2, enough said....
Old 12-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

I have yet to meet a Beretta that I like. Don't know why. They're great guns, no doubt.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:35 PM

My buddies Beretta is in the shop more than it is hunting.

I have a Super X 2 and wouldn't have anything else, been shooting it for 5 years or more.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

The SX3 has the same action and gas system as the SX2. The SX3 has the lower and light weight rib design of the Browning (Gold) Fusion. It also has the Fusions light weight alloy magazine and recoil tube. This is where the weight reduction comes from. The stock, forearm, and receiver have different lines for a more updated look. There are 3" and 3 1/2" models. The 3 1/2" models hit the scales at 7lbs with a 28" barrel.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:10 PM

Hey mustad

I think my buddy bought before he researched when he got his SX3. I'm sure he would have held out for a 3 1/2" model if he knew at the time that they existed. This the same reason I don't go shopping with him at Cabela's. He is like a kid in a candy store and buys the lot of the flavor or the month with out trying to see if he likes it.
3" or 3 1/2"...all depends on what kind of hunting you will be doing.

Talk to ya later
Redbeard5289

Quick Reply: Winchester SX3...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.