Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

[Deleted]

Old 01-14-2002, 08:56 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-14-2002, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Does anyone use F-shot anymore for geese??

I use to shoot F's before I went out and patterned them with my gun. After that I quit using them because the pattern spread out a little more than I like a 40 yards (only 3 pellets hit the gooses silhouette) Instead of shooting F's for pseudo high flying geese I use T's they seem to pattern better for me (anywhere from 6-15 pellets in the same sized silhouette at the same distance)and it kills geese very very very very well.

Wait, wait, ready PLUG EM!!!!!
Old 01-14-2002, 05:07 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-16-2002, 12:46 PM

Never used F-shot before. Heck all I need is No. 2's with a full choke in my 3 1/2" 12ga. It knocks them down like a champ. No complaints here.

Jerry
DE Duck Hunter
Old 01-19-2002, 11:20 AM
Jac

F shot illegal here in WI. I prefer T shot and many use BBB's. Big shot brakes wings. Most important is to be able to hit em up front in the head. Lung shots often lead to long or lost retrieves. Hitting behind the goose most generally is a lost goose with a slow death.

Jac
Old 01-24-2002, 02:41 AM

I like #1 shot with a full choke. I decided to try it last year and I had one cripple. Seems like I found what I have been after. I have never used F shot before and probably never will.
Old 01-24-2002, 04:52 PM

never heard of it before

Its not worth doing unless its done right.
Old 01-24-2002, 11:45 PM

I use F shot all the time!! I use it on geese always, sometimes on late season ducks, and even pheasants in the late season sometimes. For me it has made cripples almost non existent. I think alot of it has to do with the shooter. I always try and picture where the bird will land. Just my 2 cents!
Old 01-25-2002, 01:18 AM

Stick with the F.. I have seen the so called expert and every year I have to play clean up as there little pellets that don't retain velocity. The only way I use any shell is to make sure it is over 1375fps. So many time I cheapies useing the slow discount shells..Yep they save a buck and have somthing to talk about after they bounce pellets off birds...This year we shot 873 honkers and most with High velocity and huge pellets.. If you are useing large pellets then use a open choke. I guess most aint old enough to remember the old 00buck days with smooth bore and rifled sights dead birds way out. Good luck and stick with it.. I have seen more than enough dead honkers to prove the point each year...MBK rules
Old 01-25-2002, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

What geese? With our 3 bird multiplier we can only take 700 geese in our zone. Normally this could be achieved in just one day on a good year. One guy I work with has shot only 20 geese this year.(Very Slow). But his tally alone represents 3% of our quota.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.