Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

chest waders

Old 11-12-2006, 09:41 AM

Default chest waders

Hey guys,
I gotta get some chest waders for this season. Any recomendations??? I like the bone dry Redheads. I gotta stay below 175bucks though
Old 11-13-2006, 11:07 AM

Default RE: chest waders

Cabelas makes a set called the Ultimate hunting wader with armorflex that i have had for a few years. They changed the material the year after i bought mine which my uncle got, and i like them a little better. They are very warm(1000 grams insulation), neaprene, and velcro straps. They run for about $170.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:35 PM

i got a pair of waders from cabelas bargain cave they are the cabelas brand usually 180 bucks i bought them for 110.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:54 AM
Fork Horn

I'm a loyal Cabelas customer but the last 2 sets of Cabelas waders I bought leaked in the crotch area at the seams[:@]. Thats not a good place to have a leak.Gander Mountain has the Ducks Unlimited Mad Dogwaders on sale for around $150.00. Just bought a pair and going to try them out tomorrow. Good luck
Old 11-20-2006, 06:03 AM
Spike

I have been buying my waders about the lastyears now from Cabelas for one reason. They have excellent customer service.

The last four waders I bought were LaCrosse brush busters that would start leaking in the crotch(seam) after a season.Cabelas replaced them even without the receipts. Now I bought a pair of Cabelas brand this year.

So to me I want a good product, but where I buy them is probably more important...

Jeff
takeem.com
Old 11-20-2006, 06:17 AM
Typical Buck

I use the Mad Dog's. I havehad them for 5 years with out a problem. They were about $50 on sale at a local store. One of the best deals I've had.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

I've been using hip waders for the last 5 years but just got some hodgman chest waders. The hip waders have been getting the job done but there are a lot of down sides to them so I don't recommend them but I see you were wanting chest waders anyway so I guess just completely ignore this reply
Old 11-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Spike

all i wear are hodgeman duramags... soo warm and easy to maneuver in.. and TOUGH as hell!
Old 11-28-2006, 10:52 PM

the cabelas ultimate hunting wader are the most comfortable things ive ever tried on. the neoprene velcro straps seem like they arent even there. and you dont have to worry bout the adjuster hitting you shooting shoulder cuz there isnt one. they are reasonably priced as well.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

I have these:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...614&hasJS=true

I am NEVER cold.

Cheers,

Quick Reply: chest waders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.