Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Goose Pics

Old 09-24-2006, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Goose Pics

I haven't gotten out as much as I usually do this year, but I have managed to bag a few birds this fall.

This is from last Saturday morning. 5 of us bagged 11 honkers. We were setup in the wrong spot in the field.....

Yesterday was opening duck season here in South Dakota, and I forgot my camera at home in the mad dash to make it to the field in time. We end up shooting our limit of honkers (3 of us, 3 a piece), and we also shot 15 drake mallards.

Today, 4 of us went out to a goose field and we end up with 8 geese and 4 ducks. Got some pics of the new hauler in the muddy fields all loaded up at the end of the hunt.

Old 09-24-2006, 02:47 PM

Default RE: Goose Pics

nice, nice vechicle setup!
Old 09-25-2006, 12:18 AM

I take it you have a good hunt!
Old 09-25-2006, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good Job!! Nice pics too! Seems like your gear would fall off of that trailer piled on like that![&:]
Old 09-25-2006, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually with the gear piled like that we only lost one decoy on the way in and one on the way out. Just have to drive nicely.

Going to give the honkersa break for a few days and see if I can't bust a deer with my bow.

I'm really glad that my buddy bought that Rhino for haulin in the dekes in the muddy fields, sure makes goose hunting more enjoyable when you don't have to hoof the gear in.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:49 AM

Rammer definently looks like you've got it going on, both location wise and gear wise. Are you one of the ones in the pic, or are you behind the camera? How is deer hunting going? I haven't seen anything big enough yey, but we still have time. Where are you in SD? Andy
Old 09-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya I'm in the first pic, I'm the one with all the goose calls/duck calls on the lanyard. I used to do some guiding back in my college days, so I have lots of gear stock piled from that yet. I used to have enuf dekes back in the day to completely fill my 6x12 enclosed trailer. Right now I have around 8 doz Bigfoots and a few Top Gun blinds. I'm heading out archery hunting in about an hour right now, I have a big one spotted, just needs to walk past my stand and I should be done........

I'm kinda in the Aberdeen/Groton area in SD, are you in SD?
Old 09-25-2006, 04:01 PM

Rammer No I am a canuck from Manitoba. I have been down to your area after phesants and through it for work a time of two. I am envious of your equipment, luckily we can almost always drive in to the fields we want to hunt, but your decoys would be nice.
I had hoped to get out for deer tonight but likely won't now. But will be going tomorow night. Good luck Andy

ps what do you shoot for a bow? broadheads?
Old 09-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Manitoba sounds like a good place to waterfowl hunt........

I shoot a Hoyt Trykon and Muzzy MX-4 broadheads. This is my first season with that setup, and it is itching to get a kill. Might have to stick a doe tonite if I get a chance.

Well i better get the camo on an hit the road.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:22 AM

Rammer it is a great area to hunt, the ducks and geese haven't been shot at by anyone, the deer grow big, and very few hunters by most standards. What kind of speed are you getting from your bow at what weight? Andy

Quick Reply: Goose Pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.