Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Zink Calls

Old 08-12-2006, 09:37 PM

Default Zink Calls

Anyone have any experience with a Power Maximus. I got a brand new one , opened the package and although I consider myself a good caller, When I blow on this it sounds like an airraid siren. I have a half a dozen calls, and never ran into this problem before. I took it apart and the reed and soundboard fell right out of the barrel. If I sent it to Zink do you think they could make it work. Has anyone had anything like this happen with one of thier calls?
Old 08-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Zink Calls

I actually had that exact call, im not sure what it is about it, butI know what your talking about. I had the same problem. It seems hard to get the call to a more realistic lower pitch ... I also did not like how bell-shaped the end of the barrel was, it makes it harder to control with your hand. I also have several short reeds, and havent had this problem. I bought it, practiced in the off season with it for a while, then sold it because I didnt like how it sounded at all. Im not sure if all of Zink's calls are like this, or just the polycarbonate ones, maybe his acrylic's sound better?
Old 08-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have one .
I found I needed to change what I was saying thru the call .
With some practice I was able to produce a good call .

It helps to have a good freind that went thru a calling seminar with Zink .

Johnch
Old 08-15-2006, 10:09 AM

these calls do require more back pressure and you may have to use different words to get the sound you are looking for... that said, it is a good call, but it's not for everyone.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:44 AM

The acrylic calls are WAY better!!! I just bought 2 calls from them, the paralyzer XR-2, and the Paralyzer ZR-1. Both GREAT sounding calls IMO.