Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Sears Gamefisher outboard

Old 11-04-2002, 07:43 PM

Default Sears Gamefisher outboard

I have an opportunity to buy a Sears Gamefisher 5 h.p. outboard for my duck boat. Someone told me that Sears stopped selling outboards and that parts are difficult or impossible to find. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks for the help.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:48 PM

Default RE: Sears Gamefisher outboard

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I have an opportunity to buy a Sears Gamefisher 5 h.p. outboard for my duck boat. Someone told me that Sears stopped selling outboards and that parts are difficult or impossible to find. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks for the help.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

knock those birds down with power
Old 11-04-2002, 08:51 PM

well i dont if they still make the motors but i do know that they still have parts for them, i have a 3hp sears gamefisher and i have to go to the sears shop dept here in washington st and they have all the parts i need most of the time they have to order them but it only takes a week

knock those birds down with power
Old 11-05-2002, 10:24 AM

I believe that Sears quit handling outboards a long time ago. You can still get parts for them at Twincityoutboards.com. I am not sure that this is the correct web site but they have parts for Marins and about any outboard that has ever been made. You must consider this as for the purchase price.
Old 11-30-2002, 12:26 AM

WEll, I had one and I would not buy another. Problems,problems ,problems. Life is short and you don't need any more problems while out on a hunt.For parts try Mercury Marine.
They bought them out. Gamefisher,Us marine,Force and all the other names they went by. Good Luck