Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Candian Duck Hunting

Old 04-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default Candian Duck Hunting

I have always wanted to go up to Canada for some Whitetail hunting, but now that I have gotten into waterfowl I would love to go up for a hunt for a weekend.
I was just wondering if this is possible still after reading the post about an outfitter. Just wondering how much it would cost without having to pay some outfitter, and if it is still possible.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Candian Duck Hunting

Give these a try for info....

1-800-214-6497
[email protected]

Ron
Old 04-25-2006, 10:54 AM

Hunting up here isn't that hard, at the moment no guides needed, but you must get landowner permission, which can be tough depending on where you go. The interlake is probably the toughest permission wise, but has some of the best hunting.
your best bet would be to hook up with some one from up here and get started that way, but if you want to go solo there is still huntable goverment land that is available to everyone.
Andy
Old 04-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

well if there was somebody on the board from canada, that would be great. be alot better than tryin to go solo I think. It would probably be me and a buddy, maybe 2
Old 04-25-2006, 12:32 PM

depends when you were wanting to go and where you are wanting to go. Would happily take you but my schedule is always hit and miss as to when I get to go and I already have guys coming up, but I can usually point people in the right direction. It would be shorter travelling if you can hook up with someone straight north of you than having to come all the way west.
What kind of hunting do you do? Field or water? do you prefer duck or geese?
Old 04-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Typical Buck

I like duck hunting, have only been doing it for two years. But then again we have only called in 1 goose and a huge flock that was driven away by a decoy that was laying on its side from some low flying wood ducks early in the morning. I have only hunted on the water too. Any weekend would work for me. I have the same work schedule as my roommate would more than likely be going with. we get off at 4:30 in the morning on fridays and don't have to go back until 4:30 in the afternoon on monday. depending on how far away it is, I could maybe use some vacation time too.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:15 AM

Dustin I went to school on ND and having heard classmates stories I know that hunting down there is a tough go. Lots of competition and birds that have already been shot at by people further north.(lucky us)
What do you do? I might be able to hook you up with some spots, depending on my work etc. I do mostly field shoots, with ocasional water hunts. I don't have a dog or waders so it depends who i hunt with.
How long our season lasts up here depends greatly on the weather, and I don't even know when nonresident season starts yet. Andy