Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

It's almost over

Old 01-20-2006, 08:34 AM

Default It's almost over

Well it seemed like just yesterday our season opened and now we have next week and that's it. So I will be on Duck Harrassment Duty all week. Good Luck Fella's
Old 01-20-2006, 09:10 AM

Default RE: It's almost over

Only two more days for me. I was supposed to hunt this morning, but work got in the way (hate when that happens!). Will be out tomorrow and Sunday, and am already looking forward to next year.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:45 AM

Yea it really stinks. But the ducks have to breed and all that other crap. Down in New York, The birds havent even started to migrate yet because its not a real bad winter. All we have been shooting at are local birds so they are all skitty. Plus in NY, you gota- holes who shoot 15 black duck over their limit and toss em in the reeds after they shoot em. Plus they corn the birds in some areas which is illeagle. But im still sitting out the last week. freezing your butt off is what duck hunting is all about, right?shoot em up Rebel Dog and all others. The last week of duck season approches.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:00 AM

YA I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. I DIDNT GET TO HUNT NEAR AS MUCH AS I WANTED TO. I DEER HUNTED ALOT!!!!!!!!! BUT NOT MUCH DUCK. BUT NEXT YEAR I WILL.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:20 PM

Season closed here already did a great job on the ducks 270 in our group and i got 2 banded greenies.

Old 01-22-2006, 10:36 PM
Fork Horn

This was my first season duck hunting and I loved it!! I didn't start untill January and wish I had started earlier. I had bought waders, decoys and a duck call last year, but didn'tend up going. I wasn't confident to take it upbecause I didn't have anyone to show me the ropes, and I didn't know exactly where to go or what todo.But I finally got it together this year, piece of cake. So, my 3 week season was really short, we have untill the 29th. I can't wait untill next year, I'll be an old pro. I even got me a motor to put on my john boat and found some awesome public blinds on the St. Francis River that I'll be in opening day with my 10 yr. old, my dad and my brother. I've already recruited them. They'll get it when they start whizzin by at first light.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

It is over for me....