Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Another Duck Boat Question... >

Another Duck Boat Question...

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Another Duck Boat Question...

Old 01-05-2006, 05:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default Another Duck Boat Question...

I have a 16' Aluminum Princecraft Side Console boat that I use for fishing. It's similar in shape and size to a 16' Lund for those that are not familiar with this manufacturer. When I chose to purchase this boat, I was not thinking I would get into Waterfowl hunting to the extent I have, so there was no thought put to that end.

I'm stuck now between getting a blind that basically covers the entire boat to the level of the water including the motor, or trying to find an inexpensive way get another boat dedicated exclusively waterfowl hunting cabable of hosting two hunters and two dogs. The blind I saw (forget the manufacturer) goes for between C$500 - C$ 750.

What do you think the best way to go would be? If you think it would be getting another boat, how do I get started finding a duck boat for under C$ 2000 (U$ 1,600).

Thanks for your help.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:11 AM

Default RE: Another Duck Boat Question...

I built a floater one time out of a jon boat after years of using it I found that keeping it as low profile as possible was best. Your boat may work out well since it is deep you could cover the top slightly and hunker down below the gun walls.