Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Best duck call(s)?

Old 11-08-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Best duck call(s)?

Does anyone have anyrecommondations for duck calls to use? I'm hunting mostly swampy areas, and am thinking about getting the Primos P.H.A.T. Lady as a economical choice. I think I'll eventually get an R-N-T duck call when I get into it more (I want to become a full-timer Please give me any comments or suggestions.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:37 AM

Default RE: Best duck call(s)?

In the past I have used the Duck Commander calls. They work well for us. You should try them out.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I dont think theres a "best" but there are a lot of good ones out there, my only advice is dont buy the chepest one out there, but you dont have to buy acrylic either!!
Old 11-08-2005, 10:01 AM

this is all a matter of preference, but I really like Haydel's Cajun Squeal I believe it cost me about $16 so that wasn't too bad.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:47 AM

So... I think my choice of using Primos calls until I feel I am an experienced waterfowler, then I'll get some R-N-T acrylics. Thanks guys.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:41 PM

For acrylics I'd look into calls made by Jeff Foiles they are sweet.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:28 PM

I agree with Carpmaster with his philosophy on calls about not too expensive and not too cheap.. just the middle of the road. Although, one call i think every hunter should have in his arsenal is the Duck Commander Ol' Raspy. This call is dirt cheap ($12), but it seriously never locks up on me, and it is so raspy its easy to blow even for people who werent born with a duck call in their mouth. Im pretty young, about 17, but i promise my dad taught me to blow a duck call the right way, and ive tried alot of calls and i always bring that one with me as does my dad, its just a classic. Also, i know its kinda nasty but the only way to tell if you are gonna like a call is to blow it yourself, so the next time you go to basspro or cabelas, go ahead and try em all to find the one you like, cuz seriously no one can explain how a duck call blowsaccurately in words.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:46 PM

" A duck call, like a shotgun, is as good as the person behind it." - Phil Robertson
Old 11-08-2005, 08:09 PM

I agree with hunterred. I use "cheaper" models and sound as good as the guys I hunt with. They use high dollar calls. Maybe they BS me but they say I sound as good as them. Kinda hard to tell when we are all calling at the same time. With all that said PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE
Old 11-08-2005, 08:11 PM

I agree with HunterRed also the Duck Commander calls are the best i have used so far in my life!

f2

Quick Reply: Best duck call(s)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.