Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Duck recipes?

Old 10-03-2002, 02:50 PM

Default Duck recipes?

What are some of the best duck recipes you guys have? I really don't have anything and I'd like to fix one up.
Old 10-04-2002, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Duck recipes?

We mainly fix duck two ways. 1. buy some lousianna cajun chicken coating, and bread the duck in this and pan fry just like fried chicken, fix some gravy biscuits and your favorite veggies its good. Our favorite way is to marinate the duck the night before in 1 cup orange juice 1 table spoon worshtishire sauce, and 2 table spoons minced garlic put in tupperware bowl sit in fridge overnight. Before you leave for work the next morning flip the bowl over. When ready to cook we cut the duck into strips and wrap with bacon, and grill untill the bacon is done. We wrap up jalepenos, or onions inside also for added flavor. Just besure you don't over cook the duck because it gets tough when cooked more than medium, but I recommend med rare for best results. That's how we do it but I'm sure there are a thousand different ways, you just need to try some and start experimenting untill you find how you like it best.
Old 10-04-2002, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Duck recipes?

I like to smoke mine over apple wood then snack on them while shooting some more the next day. But wrapped in foil in the oven with cut potatoes,onions,peppers,and butter comes a close second for me. Duck nuggets with with fries comes in third. Note that I only eat mallards, woodies, and teal.