Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Outlaws

Old 01-10-2002, 05:16 AM

Default Outlaws

Is anyone using outlaw sillo's? I just started using them this year, 4 dozen. I've not had this much bad luck, ever.
Can't get the birds to come in and sit down like i could with shells. Anyone else use them?
Old 01-10-2002, 07:58 AM

Default RE: Outlaws

Buds of mine use them but, only on days with little or no sun...They shine too much. Other than that...they work just as good as my re painted sillo's that I have used for the last 6 yrs!! ( except when one of mine gets a head shot off...I just go and make a new one where the outlaws cost what...$90 a dozen???)<font face='Comic Sans MS'></font id='Comic Sans MS'><font size=4></font id=size4><font color=blue></font id=blue>

Gunner™
&quot;If it flies....It dies!!&quot;
Old 01-10-2002, 08:41 AM

Silhouettes are nice fillers, but I wouldn't use them damn Outlaws if you paid me to. They reflect way too much light. Our spread consists of 2.5 dozen full bodies, 3 dozen 2-piece shells, 2 dozen aqua-vacs, around a dozen or so of the 1 piece shells, and 1 dozen of the grand magnum shells with the interchangable heads. Anyone wanna compete with that spread? haha We've been knockin the 10 pounders down like nothing. I love watching the geese drop right in!

Jerry
DE Duck Hunter
Old 01-10-2002, 08:41 AM

Silhouettes are nice fillers, but I wouldn't use them damn Outlaws if you paid me to. They reflect way too much light. Our spread consists of 2.5 dozen full bodies, 3 dozen 2-piece shells, 2 dozen aqua-vacs, around a dozen or so of the 1 piece shells, and 1 dozen of the grand magnum shells with the interchangable heads. Anyone wanna compete with that spread? haha We've been knockin the 10 pounders down like nothing. I love watching the geese drop right in!

Jerry
DE Duck Hunter
Old 01-10-2002, 09:32 AM
O/U

Use em just for fillers.

LETS GO SHOOT SUM FEATHERS
THE DUCK STOPS HERE
Old 01-11-2002, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

Use them to fill in gaps in your spread or to make the outer line of your pocket more visible to oncoming birds. Don't use just outlaws you have to have some shells, bigfeet, even some magnets along with the outlaws. I like more variety and the birds seem to like different looking decoys also.

Wait, wait, ready PLUG EM!!!!!
Old 01-11-2002, 03:06 PM

We use Outlaw decoys alot, but you have to use them correctly. Four dozen may not be enough, we use around ten dozen. You must use them as a cartoon, place four to six decoys very close toghter, think of them as one bird, be sure to change diriction so when the birds make a swing they will still see som decoys.