Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Custom Duck boats

Old 10-03-2005, 01:30 AM

Default Custom Duck boats

I know the question of a custom duck boat is broad, but I am looking at building the Altamont duck hunting boat. I am thinking of building it out of Aluminum, for strength and to keep it light.

So the question is this, if you were to build a custom duck boat what would it have to have??? To work were you hunt???

For me it has to beadle to go shallow and it would have to hold up on a lake that can get nasty in just a few minuets.

Old 10-05-2005, 05:53 PM

Default RE: Custom Duck boats

Well my new boat has every thing id been looking for, as far as my ultimate boat it would have to have a very short front deck, just big enough for the dog to hunt from, must have a wide open floor plan, mine has 15ft of usable space on a 17 foot boat. The next thing it had to be easy to hide so i went with a narrow boat (1748). It also has 2 gunboxes that are only 9in wide and they are 10ft long. And the last thing is a super heavy duty transom. Ill know by the end of the season if it is my ultimate boat.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:54 PM

1969 Starcraft LOL. I bought it years ago with the original 20hp chrysler outboard for $200.00. Sold the old Chrysler removed the steering wheel and console and upgraded to a early 80's Johnson 25hp with a tiller for $375. Keep meaning to do more to her but never seem to have the time. She works well for our hunting enviroment, my ideal boat would be a 15' Boston whaler, i would have to find one in pretty poor shape to turn it into a duck boat though.

Old 10-05-2005, 08:15 PM

we bought our boat and blind but if your lookin for a good way to build the ultimate duck boat i gotta video for you. go to wal-mart and buy take em 7 it shows how barnie calef makes his boats. and his boats are some of the best boats ive ever seen. they blend in so good that ive seen him just put em out on a sand bar and kill birds like crazy.