Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 Official Team 4 Thread "QuackWhackers" >

Official Team 4 Thread "QuackWhackers"

Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Official Team 4 Thread "QuackWhackers"

Old 09-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 4 Thread "QuackWhackers"

I had the worst experience of bad luck ever today......we called in two loaners and other buddies took them, then a while later we had some birds land in an adjacent field, one buddy decided to go get them out of there so we werent competing against live birds when more came around......an hour or so later a group landed in another nerby field so I figured that it was my turn to get rid of them, I had just gotten to the next field when i heard my group start working some birds...a minute later they opened up on them, when i returned they had 9 on the ground, talk about crap luck and the worst part was they worked the side of the spread i was set upin.....
Old 09-04-2005, 09:05 PM

i went this mornin heard some birds but they never flew over. set out 16 decoys and called at some birds i never saw. heard some other guys whack em. i was kinda disappointed but o well ill try it agian next weekend or hopefully one day this week.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm flying out tomorrow to Sask, Can. I walked in thismorning with my head full of waterfowl and a big smile on my face. My boss said "I know what you're thinking about."

I can hardly concentrate, and going through this board ain't helping [8D]

Old 09-07-2005, 09:12 PM

well good luck, even though im sure you wont need it in canada lol. im goin to the spot this weekend that i was supposed to go to last weekend. so hopefully things will work out good this weekend. if not i got till december before i can hunt geese agian . good luck guys.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:24 PM

well guys finally glad i got to get out and hunt agian. we had two groups of three come in but we werent doin the best shootin. we shot two, oneout of both groups. one bird was banded, we werent sure who shot him so we picked numbers 0-9 to see who got the closest to the first number on the band and my dad got it. he prbly shot it anyways. we're settin up a blind on this lake so that we can have a good spot to get hidden in this year when we hunt it. we had to hide in a little creek today and i think the birds didnt like what they saw. just thought i'd let yall know how mymornin went.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the band!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2005, 09:02 PM

i was just wonderin where everybody else in the group hunts?
Old 09-22-2005, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, I was another fun filled trip hunting in Sask., and had a fun time visiting Edmonton, AB.
Very few crops were cut when we were hunting, almost all the geese we saw were landing in cutpeas. The lack ofcover made for some difficulthunting, but we made out alright & had a great time. The duck hunting was a bit slow, but there seemed to be a few nearly everywhere you looked. We saw some big canadas, but most of what would come into the decoys were the smaller Canadas.

24 Canadas
1 White-fronted
5 Ross
4 Pintails
4Mallards
Old 09-22-2005, 09:16 PM

thats awsome! sounds like you had a great trip.the numbers oughta help are team get a pretty good lead on the other teams hehe. i was just wonderin do you hunt anywheres else or is that your only hunt of the year? even if it is, its still worth it in canada. congratulations on a great hunt!
Old 09-23-2005, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good job Joe!!!!! I will get those numbers up!! I cant wait for my seasons to open up again...October 1 cant get here soon enough!!

Quick Reply: Official Team 4 Thread "QuackWhackers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.