Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

Amazed At Tred

Old 07-14-2005, 10:59 AM

Default Amazed At Tred

Hey Everyone, i was watching "the best and worst of Tred Barta" and he was shooting one one episode at pheasants with his i think long bow and on another at Geese! I thought it was pretty amazing, anyone ever try this??
Old 07-14-2005, 11:41 AM

Default RE: Amazed At Tred

I havent it looks like it could be fun, but kind of hard. Where about are ya from MN what do ya hunt?
Old 07-14-2005, 01:36 PM

Tred Barta??There was a Thread on him already He acts like a tough guy but I am not so sure! He hasn't proved it to me yet anyway. I know I feel more satisfied coming home with 5 Geese that I shot with my shotgun than knowing I tried by slinging 20 of my home made arrows at them.I have hunted all day never getting over 18 deg. and I never peed in my waders come on what an idiot.

Old 07-14-2005, 11:38 PM

An idiot, Maybe. But i think he is what the sport of hunting and fishing needs. a guy who does sh*t his own way and dosnt care what everyone else thinks...but yeah...he needs to work on his shot....
Old 07-15-2005, 09:19 AM

You have to give him credit for standing up for the rights of hunters and fisherman, I also think that with the technology that we have in our weapons and how we try and teach or live by giving the animal the respect of a clean kill, that we shouldn't publasize on TV grazing animals with broadheads because we want to do it the "Hard Way" at least use a compound or become a better shot. Alsoaround hereyou don't want to be carrying a deer out on your shoulders or you may take one through the head.

All I know is for what reason good or bad, I watch his show every week, and I guess that is what they intendedfor us to do.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:52 AM

Well said Rebel.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:55 PM

personally i can't stand this guy..i'm sorry but you can pass me a shotgun over a bow anyday..on that episode when he went seaduck hunting..he took a leak in his waders cus it was too cold to take them off or something..the object of waders is NOT TO GET WET..that guy i think sometimes needs a 2 by 4 across his head..but who knows..maybe it's just me