Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Waterfowl Hunting
 im not sure who was right..... >

im not sure who was right.....

Community
Waterfowl Hunting Receive the benefit of experienced duck and goose hunters in this waterfowl forum.

im not sure who was right.....

Old 06-11-2005, 04:03 PM

Default im not sure who was right.....

today i was out in the little boat and saw a hen that wasnt flying when i got up next to it. so i think its cripple not thinking that they began to moult (hope i said spelt that right). i thought they started molting more toward july. so im almost to the point where i could see if it was cripples and this lady began screaming at me and my friend. she threatened to call the dep and police and to have respect for the enviorment. i didnt want to get into a huge fight because im only thirteen and i would louse. but then she began telling me that i dont have a boating licens and i do. i dont think she had any right to do that by assuming i was trying to kill it. i do see that two kids at this age could be troble but i dont think she needed to threaten me like that and all. what u guys think?
i thought i may be helping the enviorment because if its sick and u get it out of the enviorment it would not be endangering other ducks
Old 06-12-2005, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: im not sure who was right.....

Well this time of year they are best left alone, but IMO the Lady shouldnt yell at you and threaten you for checking the duck out.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:10 AM

It sounds like you did nothing wrong and she doesn,t know what she is talking about. Good for you that you didn't get in her face about it. Andy
Old 07-13-2005, 07:58 PM

The birds are molting different in the last few years. I t is right for you to have a concern for the bird to be sick ect. Its not worth getting in any trouble over one bird.Its a shame now days that everybody,and especially the ones with cell phone have to mind everybody elses business. vangunsmith
Old 07-13-2005, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

you were acting like a professional.

if that situation happens again, let her call the police. she'll be the one looking like an idiot, and will lose credibility. if she calls on someone else in the future, the dispatcher/officers are just going to say to themselves "oh, it's just that lady that doesn't know her elbow from her .....".