Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Wanted
 Attention NJ Hunters!!!!!!!!!! >

Attention NJ Hunters!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Wanted Post your ad here and let us help you find what you're looking for.

Attention NJ Hunters!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-11-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Attention NJ Hunters!!!!!!!!!!

People who are browsing this board…

The Buckeye Gun Club is looking for New Jersey Shotgun Hunters!
If this is you, GREAT!!!!

(We also have Bow and Black Powder Hunters that are members)

Some of the minimum requirements for joining the club are:

1) Must have a current N.J. Shotgun License.
http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/hunted.htm

(Class provided FREE from the state. Actual license costs $28.00)

2) Must be represented by a member in good standing.
(Show up at one of our monthly meetings at 12:00 noon to meet members)

The “Buckeye Gun Club, Inc.” is in the Pine Barrens of NJ off of Rt.72E in Barnegat located in hunting zones 21 and 24. We have a large clubhouse situated on 5 acres that has in it oil heat/central air, a corner bar, full kitchen, large living room with a fireplace, 2 shower stall / 2 toilet bathroom, a bunkroom that sleeps 34 people, a 50-yard pistol/shotgun/rifle range, a Lincoln skeet thrower, a campsite area etc.

You have to see it to appreciate the true value of the place.
(We have fewer than 30 members at this time).

A benefit of membership is the use of a private shooting range and club facilities but the club is first and foremost a hunting club, primarily shotgun hunting (So we are not a shooting range that hunts, we are a hunting club that has a range to shoot at).

Dues in 2005 will be $275.00 with an application fee of $50.00 starting at April’s meeting so get in before this happens (this pays the taxes).

We are accepting new members starting in February 2005 and continuing throughout the year. The meetings are held on the first Sunday of each month at 2:00pm at the club.
(If you are coming up to meet everybody, come around 12:00 noon)

Read the by-laws that are posted at:
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/fsimil...ndex_frame.htm

Some stuff has already been changed in them but It will at least give you a general idea of things.

You can contact me at: [email protected]

..if you are interested in joining up with a good group of guys.

Ray Woodrow 3rd
Secretary,
Buckeye Gun Club, Inc.
Old 01-11-2005, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Attention NJ Hunters!!!!!!!!!!

Do you guys drive during gun season?
Old 01-13-2005, 02:17 PM

Bionicrooster,
We do drive-hunt during shotgun season but there are others that stand hunt.

Some of the guys (myself included) started drive-hunting with blackpowder this year the week before 6-day firearm and had 8 shots from 8 different people and two spikes killed in zone 21 during the drives.

If your looking for a good club to join up.....you found it!

RW3
Old 01-13-2005, 03:19 PM

now I've heard it all ....driving deer with a ML. Whats the world coming to

started drive-hunting with blackpowder
Old 01-13-2005, 04:15 PM

Hey now slugman...

...and all you individualists out there...

If you can't beat them join them!

It was different (only one shot to take. Not up to three like shotgun), we enjoyed it (all eight of us. 4 driving, 4standing), AND it was legal to do.

I don't see a problem........

RW3
Old 01-13-2005, 06:19 PM

Me either! Give me an E-mail at [email protected] Slugman, I didn't think that would come from you. These people who have never been on an organized deer drive, either don't know enough people or have never experienced it. 70% of the deer are killed by the drives as the deer circles back.
ORIGINAL: RAY WOODROW 3RD

Hey now slugman...

...and all you individualists out there...

If you can't beat them join them!

It was different (only one shot to take. Not up to three like shotgun), we enjoyed it (all eight of us. 4 driving, 4standing), AND it was legal to do.

I don't see a problem........

RW3
Old 01-13-2005, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

i probably seen your club driving during the muzzleoader season. i seen abunch of drives in zone 21 this year with the muzzleoader.its getting worse each season. i do believe there is a need for drives but those deer get pounded in zone 21 during the buckshot by all those clubs and now muzzleoader too. i see the big clubs also doing drives with slug guns. i dont understand how this is safe? im in those zone 21 woods just about year round and the deer have bunched up and become nocturnal worse than ive ever seen.im not gonna say whats right or wrong to shoot but man there are a good amount of does in that zone ready for the freezer and ya cant eat the horns yada yada yada< .i pass on spiked deer and most 4-points all bow and the rest of the other seasons so it kinda hurts to hear you talk highly of killing the spike horns.im almost starting to believe if i dont shoot em the clubs will get them all.i know there are a few quality deer in that zone and i like to think its because of me and the few others that feel the same way. anyway sounds like a good deal. most clubs ive been offered start around 500$ but i like being solo. i dont think youll have a hard time especially with availability of a gun range.good luck and leave some of those deer for the rest of us
Old 01-13-2005, 07:57 PM

I just never liked drives. Dont think I ever will. I've seen too many " if its brown its down " drives. If someone wants to do it fine , just do it ethically & be safe.

Wildwork ,

walked by your place tonight with the dog. You gonna be doing any hunting this weekend ?
Old 01-13-2005, 08:39 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-14-2005, 11:25 AM

Yes, that is a bad way of doing a drive. I would also, agree on a time limit (10am - 3pm) or Set days (Wed, Thurs. and Friday) It would be safer. My kid(18) was in his stand opening morning and 20 people most without liscences or guns for that matter walk right passed him at 7:20am opening morning. I would have got down, got on the cell and called the warden( pre programmed in my phone) and burned thier a**es. I hunt deeper and farther then most. I rarely have problems and see deer more often. As far as then not moving I don't beleive this theory. They have to it's there nature. 11am-2pm always see deer. Even after they drive. Scout after the season during the snow. It tells alot about pressured deer.
WW
ORIGINAL: NJBowman

Guy I know joined Hook and Hoof this year. The first meeting he was at they told him, during buck week shoot first worry about horns later. Well that was also the last meeting he went too. Hunters have to have some courtesy for other hunters. Just because you belong to a big club does not mean you own the woods. Respect your brother hunters, everyone in entitled to a quality hunt.

Quick Reply: Attention NJ Hunters!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.