Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Wanted
Wanted: Ohio hunting lease >

Wanted: Ohio hunting lease

Wanted Post your ad here and let us help you find what you're looking for.

Wanted: Ohio hunting lease

Old 02-19-2010, 11:12 AM
Typical Buck

Default Wanted: Ohio hunting lease

6- 8 individuals looking to get Hunting ground in OHIO. Looking for suggestions and help.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

tttany input welcome
Old 02-24-2010, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

Bueller...anyone..lol
Old 02-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck!! The best thing I know of other than just picking a good area and just knocking on doors is www.basecampleasing.com.
10 years ago I leased (and still have)numerous parcels totaling 3,850 acres and could have leased thousands more because the land owners back then wanted to lease their land but no one wanted to lease land in OH. back then.
Now a days though if you are lucky enough to find a property to lease it is way over priced and there is most probably a reason why the parcel isnt already tied up. You also need to know that OH. isnt IL. or IA. and unless you lease 500 acres at the very least ( OH. hunters are more brown its down hunters than PA. hunters) you mise well just try to get permission on private land or hunt public land. Pike

Last edited by J Pike; 02-25-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kid here is a link to the largest property Basecamp currently has available and allow up to 8 hunters, but being almost March I bet a few parcels that are currently leased will open up in the near future. Pike
http://www.basecampleasing.com/3731/...ing-Lease.html
Old 03-29-2010, 05:06 AM
Typical Buck

well goodluck to you. where i'm from in ohio hardly anyone will lease. in fact it's darn near impossible to even get permission unless you know someone. if you can't get either then you gotta go public land if you want to hunt. public land isn't bad during bow but during gun season it's pretty dangerous. imo!
Old 04-17-2010, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by noidurism
well goodluck to you. where i'm from in ohio hardly anyone will lease. in fact it's darn near impossible to even get permission unless you know someone. if you can't get either then you gotta go public land if you want to hunt. public land isn't bad during bow but during gun season it's pretty dangerous. imo!
Ditto everything in this post.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a school teacher, have been for 20 years. I teach in the area I grew up in. I've had nearly 3,000 students and have gotten to know most of their parents. I live in BFE...and so do my students. A lot of them live on farms...I have buddys with land. I've even taken some of them to my farm in WV to hunt. Many of the people that attend the church that I'm a member of have land. Can I find a place to hunt around here? No. I am still hunting my 80 year old parents 10 acres. That's the only place I can find and I have to fight with his neighbor that has 3/4 acre and puts a stand up in his back yard on the property line.

I have taken 3 or 4 guys with me to WV for a week of gun hunting. We have a modern cabin with all the amenities of home...running water, heat, TV, microwave, fridge, washer, dryer, etc. After they have come down and killed 2 deer or more in their week...I'll ask if I can hunt their land around here and 2 of them actually looked at me and said that they allow no hunting on their property. They never saw my farm again.

The biggest problem in my area is that a farmer will not allow permission because he has ONE grandson that hunts. Even if the kid hunts 2 days/year, the farm is off limits. I realize that it's his land, but that makes it no less frustrating.

My buddy..a butcher....has been bow hunting hard since the 60's. He'll spend 75 days/year in a tree stand. He said in the late 80's he had written permission on over 20 farms. Now he's relegated to public land. He's not killed a buck in 3 years...and he killed a buck 8 pts or more for 12 years in a row. He's lived in the same town since birth and he's 64 and a great guy. He can find no place to hunt.

Sad, sad, sad.

Last edited by Pro-Line; 05-22-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:27 AM
Spike

give me a call on hunting ohio 419-271-1954 my name is james