Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Wanted
Need a new Mich. deer camp >

Need a new Mich. deer camp

Community
Wanted Post your ad here and let us help you find what you're looking for.

Need a new Mich. deer camp

Old 11-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default Need a new Mich. deer camp

We have been hunting the same Deer camp in the U.P. for 16 years and camp is breaking up. Land being sold, one of the guys is in bad health and another is going to hunt with his dad while he still can.
That leaves us two older hunters looking for a camp to join or some land to lease for Firearm season. Would prefer U.P. if the land supports the genetics and habitat to support the 3 pt. rule. Would be interested in the upper lower if not in TB area.
We have been hunting for many years archery and firearm and are definitely not rookies. Just trying to get a jump on next season.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:05 AM
Fork Horn

ron, sorry to hear that you might not be hunting the stonington anymore! did you have any luck this year?
Old 11-26-2009, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

We took a couple sixes and 2 does. Seemed to be kind of a weird season, being warm and all. Saw no where near the number of deer we usually see and deer just came in one by one not many family units. How did you guy's do? Louie is looking to build over at Wiltsey Bay and sell the property on Deerfield in the next 1-3 years, so figured I better start looking now.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:48 AM
Fork Horn

I was the only one this year, long story...I agree this year seemed wierd I didnt see that many deer either, last year I had over 30 I saw total and this year 15. I took a 5 and a 7-pointer. Good year that way, but worried about next seeing that I didnt see much for next year. The warm weather was nice to sit in, but I think it put a funk on the hunting....glad you guys had success though! hope your Turkey Day was good.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

Still looking for 2010.