Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Wanted
 A Little help and an Invatation. >

A Little help and an Invatation.

Community
Wanted Post your ad here and let us help you find what you're looking for.

A Little help and an Invatation.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Spike

Default A Little help and an Invatation.

Here's a quick rundown of what the subject line is trying to say. Besides being heavily involved in Hunting and Sporting Clays, I'm also the president of a group named the Philadelphia Hunting and Shooting Association, we are the Philadelphia Chapter of the Pennsylvania Federation of Sportsmen Clubs. I know it's a mouth full, we just call ourselves, P.H.A.S.A., our web site is listed at www.PHASAonline.com, I'm also involved in several other organizations that deal with hunting and conservation.
We have recently started working hand in hand with Holmesburg Fish and game, which is an outdoor gun club located in the Northeast section of the city, each year in June, this years date is June 14th, we host a Youth Field day. The event is free to all, it features representatives from the PA. Fish & Game Commissions, last year we had a hunting simulator, it also features supervised hands on instruction, in Rifle, Black powder, shotgun and Archery, demos on Fly Fishing and Trapping. Free food and drink, a raffle and various other prizes and give aways.
Here's the problem, we're in desperate need of a youth shotgun, preferable some type of 20 gauge a semi auto would really help reduce recoil for the younger kids, we would consider a .410, but the cost of shells, might be to high for the amount of kids (and Adults) we get at the event. Price is always a big considerations, simply because we work on donations and that type of purchase would most likely be coming out of the board members pockets. We can also use any type of hunting or fishing equipment (preferably new) that might be extra and just thrown somewhere in the garage or basement i.e. fishing lures, a unopened box of fishing string, hunting hats/clothing, etc.
Any donations would help us make the event that much more enjoyable for the kids.
Also feel free to check the we bsite we'll be updating it soon, with a flyer for the event and a pre registration form, you can always PM or email me for more information. The ages are from 9 to 17, if you have a child that is big for his or her age or close to their 9th Birthday feel free to inquire, last years event had just under 90 kids with parent(s) and it was a great day. Please feel free to attend if you live in the area. Last year we had donations from Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays, The National Sporting Clays Association, Smith & Wesson, plus others. Hopefully we do just as well this year.
Thanks in advance for any help that may be offered,
Stephen P. Biello
P.H.A.S.A.
1532 S. Front St.,
Philadelphia,PA. 19145
[email protected]
Introduce a kid to the great outdoors, it's addictive!!

Old 03-05-2008, 05:45 PM

Default RE: A Little help and an Invatation.

Free?
Old 03-05-2008, 07:41 PM
Spike

All it takes is to preregister and it's free.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:39 AM
Typical Buck

E-mail me your address and I will forward some items for your kids. Shooting glass, hearing protection, and some other surprises. I give local kids here in Indiana a chance to experience the shooting sport as well. Especially for those thjat don't have a parent that can't or won't take the time to do so for them. Great cause Browningfan369.
My hats off to you. Again please send me your address via e-mail to [email protected]
Take care
Mike
[email protected]
Old 03-07-2008, 07:04 PM

you should try getting another group or 2 to do the event with you. here, we do a youth shoot for kids that have just passed their hunter's safety. it's put on by pheasants forever and our local navhda. we show the kids how to shoot, using clays, then get them on live birds behind pointing dogs. seeing a kid get their first bird is wonderful. i can't speak for any groups in your area, but we love helping out and promoting hunting.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Spike

We do Youth hunts in association with the Game Commission, but they're not until the fall. We had Trout Unlimited helping us out at last years event, as well as many other volunteers.