Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Wanted
 Advice and members... >

Advice and members...

Community
Wanted Post your ad here and let us help you find what you're looking for.

Advice and members...

Old 09-01-2005, 03:11 AM

Default Advice and members...

Alright folks, I'm here today after watching the recent problems down in Louisiana on the news. It reminded me of when that typhoon hit whatever country that was. There were a lot of folks, including the US government, giving a ton of aid and money. I haven't seen any countries helping us out during the recent crisis. It's plain to see that Americans have to take care of their own.
I am interested in setting up an organization that involves outdoorspeople lending their support to Americans who are having problems. I would like to donate money, food, and other neccesities in the name of American Outdoorsmen (and women) to anyone who needs the help. As I said, I was prompted to this due to the hurricane tragedy, but there is a lot of potential for such an organization. An organization that help others and shows that people who hunt and fish care about our fellow man and CAN make a difference.
Think of all the good we outdoorspeople can do. Even those of us without much money can donate food in the form of wild game. We can sell the hides we don't use. We could work in conjunction with the Red Cross and have a sportsman's blood drive. It doesn't stop with storm victims either. We can send wild game to our troops overseas in the form of jerky and sausages. We can do the same for flood, fire, tornado, and earthquake victims as well. We can donate our serviceable hunting and fishing gear to people who need clothing. I know I have at least one or two coats that I don't use anymore since I've either bought a new coat or gained weight (I have at least one that doesn't fit). Heck, we can even get somefolks together and start making down quilts and blankets! My grandma made a "feather tick" that'll keep ANYONE warm... Even on those cold nights here in Minnesota!
My whole point is this: It's time for we outdoorsmen (and women) to show America, and the world, that we can make a huge difference for people. It's time to show them that we care about our fellow man, even those who don't believe in hunting. The outdoor community is pretty close-knit and you know as well as I do that, given the right circumstances, we can provide as much aid as any other organization out there. For those folks out there who believe hunting is wrong (like PETA, for example), they wouldn't be able to say a word against us; especially when we give aid to everyone, regardless of how they feel about hunting.
Now, as far as the "advice" portion... How does one go about setting up an organization like this? Not that it matters, I'll take any and all donations and deliver them myself if I have to. But it would be easier if I could figure out how to do this without putting myself in the poor house, ya know? Any suggestions, advice, or help would be much appreciated! Send me an email at: [email protected] if you'd be interested in helping out. Thanks for taking the time to read through this.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:22 PM

Default RE: Advice and members...

I agree with your comments. If you are sincere about this email me at [email protected] .

DeerHuntinDan