Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

its a tough choice

Old 06-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Spike

Default its a tough choice

i am upgrading my filming camera and dont know what to get and need yalls help. I am looking at the sony handy cams, cannons, and maybe even panasonic. I am going HD for sure. i plan to get a shotgun mic to go with it to get the full effect of the sound also. I am willing to spend around $300-$500 just for the camera. What models of these cameras would yall recommend. I cant afford anything more then that. Any and all help is appreciated!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 02:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Myself I would be looking at the Panasonics line of cameras for filming. That is just from what I saw at work being used to monitor some equipment. It took the environment of steam and dust and outlasted all the other cameras they were using. Right now just in our department there is around 8 Panasonic pernament monitoring cameras. They can take the different environments better and still hold up.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Spike

ive been looking at those hard. Im considering on buying one of these packages from cambells. out of the first three which do yall think would be best?? http://www.campbellcameras.com/shopp...-Packages.aspx
Old 06-30-2012, 08:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

I actually like them all without a doubt. To bad they do noy have reviews on all of them. I can not help it but I am partial to the Panasonics because of what I witnessed here at work. For me getting a great picture or movey is great! How long it will last for my money though is also great. I maybe wrong but I would still choose the Panasonic for videoing.. I even own a nice decent Canon camera for still pics.. So I can really only leave that up to you to decide on..
Old 06-30-2012, 10:56 AM
Spike

The panasonic does seem like the better camera from what is said about it but it also doesn't come with as many accessories as the canon. That's the only reason I might get the canon. I don't want to have to buy any more accessories after I make this purchase. Guess I'll think about it a little bit longer