Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
New Digital Camera, suggestions? >

New Digital Camera, suggestions?

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

New Digital Camera, suggestions?

Old 04-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question New Digital Camera, suggestions?

I currently have a Panasonic FZ18. It takes decent pictures and takes up to 8mp photos with an 18x optical zoom.

I am thinking of upgrading and went to www.cameralandny.com as it is where I putchased the FZ18. They do not carry Panasonic anymore. I contacted them find out why. They said that they dropped Panasonic because they feel that other manufacturers offer better products.

I would like to keep the price under $300 if possible, want a good optical zoom (some have 30x now), and have it relatively easy to use. I take a lot pictures on my hunts and want to continue to do so.

With that said, what are you guys using these days? Cameraland suggested the Fuji SL300. It is 14 MP with a 30x zoom. It has dual image stabilization and takes amazing low light images.
Thanks for any input . . . Rob
Old 04-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am sorry to hear that your dealer does not carry Panasonic anymore.. They tested Panasonic camcorders here and there was nothing would keep up with there dependability. They were mounted on the wall to monitor our pulp making process and Panasonic out lasted every brand we put up. There was several brands used and after a year on continuous running it was taken down to put panasonics monitors on the wall. They were tested to save dollars when investing for a more pernament mounting. The only camera that was still working was Panasonic. The others lasted about 3 months. Did you check around for another supplier? That is what I would do in your case..
Old 01-28-2013, 09:29 PM
Spike

Mmmmm I think the Nikon S60 is the best I'm getting it also and its cost me $349.95 and i think this is the best camera with high quality image result and also best quality for your photography on low price not o high price...