Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Kodak Playsport Zx3

Old 04-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Kodak Playsport Zx3

Hey Guys,

Looking to get one of these little cameras for when I go fishing/hiking/hunting. I know its not going to give me tv quality shots, but for something that can fit in my pocket and I don't have to be afraid to drop it in the water it seems like a sweet little grab and go camera.

Anyone have any experience with this product? I am just looking for something to help me do some video blogs when I am out in nature doing whatever.

Just thought I would see if this was a good option, or if there was something else I should look into.

Steven
Old 04-21-2011, 06:35 PM
foo
Spike

Default kodak playsport

I've had one since they first came out last year, picture quality is quite good even in the 720p video mode, still shots not so great. The only bad thing is if your using it film your hunt, and it's quiet the zoom button clicks loudly when you use it, the deer or turkeys don't hear it but it will show up on the sound track kind of distracting. They are waterproof to 10 ft,get the clear film screen protector for sure, the LCD screen is made out of clear peanut butter and scars easy in the field.
foo
Old 04-28-2011, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome! I just picked up the Zx5. After watching reviews of both models I feel that this was a good choice. I am not looking to use it to film just hunts, but it will come out with me. I am just looking for something to take hiking, fishing, travel, and some hunting.

I will post my impressions of it when it arrives in the mail.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:33 AM
Spike

stick with 720p 60fps. Don't bother shooting 1080. Great little camera though.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:55 AM
Spike

FOO, you can turn off the sound by going into the setup screen, click over 4 to thr right. The icon looks like a speaker and select the icon on the left. That turns of any sounds on either Playsport. (Zx3 or Zx5)