Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
Sony HDR-CX110 Camera? >

Sony HDR-CX110 Camera?

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Sony HDR-CX110 Camera?

Old 10-15-2010, 05:31 PM
Spike

Default Sony HDR-CX110 Camera?

Hello from N.C.

I've been researching video cameras and after an online search for "self filming hunts" Google brought me here. I have to say that this forum has a ton of interesting stuff that I have been missing. Lots of good info on all aspects of hunting and a other things too.
Glad I found this site.

After reading through a lot of different posts and doing a search I couldn't find anything about a Sony HDR-CX110 HD camcorder on this forum.
Anyone have any information on them?
I'm just looking for a good consumer HD camcorder for personal use and this one has gotten good reviews on Amazon and Cnet.
Maybe somebody could suggest another good camera in the $200-$400 price range.

Thanks
Old 11-16-2010, 11:15 AM
Spike

If you are looking for a small lite weight 1080P waterproof video camera, take a look a the Kodak Playsport. If you want to see some video that has been recorded with a Playsport, go to http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=375lvr&aq=f or
http://www.forhuntersbyhunters.blogspot.com/ We are currently capturing a lot of video with bow mounted Playsports. As it is edited, I will be posting up to Youtube via www.kodakoutdoors.com Hope this helps in your search.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the cx100 a couple years ago and I love it! I've gotten hours of film the past two years and it takes good high quality videos. And its sooo small! It fits in your palm and can easily fit into a pocket when your walking around and you want to pull it out to film. Very simple to use.

I have alot of videos on youtube if you want to check them out... Here is a video I took this year with the camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4yV2om2b_E

If you go to my profile their are alot of videos but some of those I dont know if they were uploaded on high quality.

This camera is the cx-100 but I think the cx110 is pretty much the same thing.
Old 11-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Pope94/IA
I bought the cx100 a couple years ago and I love it! I've gotten hours of film the past two years and it takes good high quality videos. And its sooo small! It fits in your palm and can easily fit into a pocket when your walking around and you want to pull it out to film. Very simple to use.

I have alot of videos on youtube if you want to check them out... Here is a video I took this year with the camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4yV2om2b_E

If you go to my profile their are alot of videos but some of those I dont know if they were uploaded on high quality.

This camera is the cx-100 but I think the cx110 is pretty much the same thing.
Thanks for the input and the video. That Sony does take great video! It's very bright and clear even on youtube.

I have bought a camcorder since I posted last month. I ended up getting a Canon FS 200 standard def camera. The picture quality is good and looks great on my HD TV.
I went with standard def because for me it's a little easier to work with and download videos on my older computer. I might upgrade to a HD camera whenever I get a new computer.
I've taken it hunting but haven't videoed any deer yet. So far, trying to video in the stand has been fun but I need something besides my neighbor's escaped cows to video.