Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

what to use

Old 09-29-2010, 07:01 AM
Spike

Default what to use

im wanting to record my hunts and was wondering what kind of camera to use. i have a fujifilm s1500 that takes video pretty well. will this do fine? also what software would be good for editing my video
Old 09-29-2010, 05:31 PM
Spike

It really all depends on the quality you are expecting. If you simply just want to capture the hunt on video so you can just play it back to watch yourself then any camera will do. However, the quality will be marginal at best. To get good quality video you will need to use a consumer HD camera or bump up to a Prosumer camera. I currently use a Cannon GL1 and GL2, these are older model cameras but work great. You MUST have a good camera arm and fluid head or the video will be shaky and poor quality even with a good camera. There are several different editing softwares out there it all depends on how much you want to spend. I use the one that came pre-loaded on my laptop. Just my two sense. It is very addicting once you start.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:40 PM
Spike

the camera that i have is 12 mp and 12x optical zoom. its a d-slr. i was messing with it today but i really dont have anything to record for testing. as far as software i have never use video editing software so i dont even know where to begin to look. i would really prefer free to get started until i get good enough to buy software.