Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
Chupacabra, Coydog, Coyote? >

Chupacabra, Coydog, Coyote?

Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Chupacabra, Coydog, Coyote?

Old 11-30-2010, 12:24 AM
Spike

whatever it is its ugly as hell. It dont really look like a yote to me.. the head just looks to fat.. I would shoot it.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

I've been reading lately about the coyotes here in the east as their numbers locally seem to be increasing.
Though I don't have any links at my fingertips, IIRC in a nutshell:
at one point eastern coyotes were all but gone same as wolves; biologists have matched wolf dna in coyotes now present in the east.
The theory is that western coyotes have returned east via Canada interbreeding w/ wolf populations along the way.
In this manner, both the wolf & coyote have resumed their former home-range in one animal. I believe the NY state wildlife biologist noted these studies when explaining the size and coloring of NY coyotes.
As for coydogs, I remember reading that genetically it is not viable for some reason; I believe it had to do w/the relative hybrid state of domestic dogs.

Last edited by ModernPrimitive; 12-01-2010 at 05:18 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:56 AM
Spike

Absolutely a case of the mange.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Steve, had a look at some of your photos on your site, wow great stuff!!! I take a camera everywhere I go and am now looking to get into a more serious camera, any advice?
Old 12-31-2010, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RonPenner
Hey Steve, had a look at some of your photos on your site, wow great stuff!!! I take a camera everywhere I go and am now looking to get into a more serious camera, any advice?
For what it's worth, in my opinion, the choice comes down to Canon or Nikon. They are the industry leaders and you will find the greatest number of lenses and other accessories available for those brands. Just take a look at Craigs List and you will see what I mean. If you look at the page link on the top of my home page "what kind of camera" you might find something useful.
Steve
Old 08-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Spike

it is a cross breed between a yote and some kind of dog. and a bad case of demodicosis.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

As for coydogs, I remember reading that genetically it is not viable for some reason; I believe it had to do w/the relative hybrid state of domestic dogs.
We have the eastern coyote and coydogs here. The coydogs are not so much due to leash laws and the like. Yes it is stated that coyotes bred with wolves on the way here.. Just one minor problem with that theory.. How and the heck do native coyotes get up to 80% timber wolve if that is the case? Another issue is a wolf that was 100% timber wolf was caught by a trapper in Canada roughly 10 miles from where i live. There has been documented cases of 2 other wolves killed in this state. 1 a guy shot in the western part of the state and the other one was caught by a trapper roughly 50 miles from here. So what really happened with the coyote?

Now back to the subject.. I have no idea what it is buit I agree with the statement earlier.. It looks like a great item to get a bit of target practice in.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is obviously an offspring of a dog and yote getting tangled up and I believe the short hair is more from the dog's genes coming out than a bad case of mange. He's got one heck of a pair of ears on him, LOL!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 08-10-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Spike

edit... Nvm