Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
good vid editing software? >

good vid editing software?

Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

good vid editing software?

Old 04-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default good vid editing software?

Gentlemen, my son and myself just recently purchased a Sony CX100 and was wondering what is a good vid editing software? Not looking for the most expensive just something that has good quality and is able to edit in HD. He likes to mess with the slow mow features as well as doing allot of audio stuff too. I am more into doing split screens and commentary. He has been using Windows MM and Sony Vegas (trial) but Vegas is allot of $$$$ and rather complicated.

Any help\recommendations is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the same camera. I love it. Its very small and takes pretty good quality videos and pictures! I bought the black colored one and of course I had to spice mine up with a little camo tape.

As for video editing software... im clueless. I haven't found a cheap one yet that edits hd videos...
Old 04-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Spike

Default a couple choices

Final cut pro is the best and the industry standard they have an express version that would work great as well.

My next choice would be Adobe premiere it is also used a lot in the industry and works really well with all other adobe software which are very useful as well.

imovie for macs works great and comes on all macs. It is a much simpler program then the other two..

I hope this helps a bit

I did this on Final Cut Pro.
http://hardymagz.com/March%202010/jeremy/JeremyUVU.html
Old 06-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Spike

I completely understand where you are coming from. Vegas is really nice, thats where i started. Very easy to use, good features, and easy to learn. You are looking at the Vegas pro price, which in reality is expensive. Im going to give you some good knowledge on this one here. The Pro version of vegas has one MAIN(i said main) upgrade, the ability to mask. For what you and your son are going to be doing, masking is completely unnecessary. Consider a cheeper version of Vegas, such as Platinum 12($99) or Platinum 12 Suite($125). Than one day, maybe you can take things up to the next level and upgrade to Premiere Pro, thats what i did! Highly recommend Vegas Products.Hope it helped!
Old 06-25-2013, 03:13 AM
Spike

I just picked up Corel Video Studio Ultimate X6 for $90.00. But here’s the kicker with good editing software. When you start to render (import) your HVCDH files from your camera to your PC or Mac you are going to need upgrades to your computer so these types of software will run. Depending on how many files your rendering it may take 20 minutes to 1 hour. Here are some of the System Requirements for Corel Video Studio Ultimate X6
Intel Core Duo 1.83 GHz Processor or AMD Dual Core 2.0 GHz Processor (Intel Core i5 or i7 Processor, or AMD Phenom II X4 or X6 Processor recommended)
Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP with latest service packs installed (32-bit or 64-bit Editions)
2 GB of RAM (4 GB of RAM or higher and 1 GB of VRAM or higher recommended)
Old 08-31-2013, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pinnacle Studio

My side business is doing wedding videography. I use Pinnacle studio.

I've made pro hunting videos with Pinnacle over the last 10 years and my videos with editting look as good as what you would see on TV.

The Key is to find a software that you can learn and enjoy.

Pinnacle Studio works for me.

If you want to make good video you have to have a vision, and talent to see your story come together. Transitions, titles, music choice. There are millions of people out there that make some awesome video of their hunts.

Those on the outdoor channel are the lucky ones that "were in the right place at the right time" and their hard earned efforts paid off. They all work hard. Video is a tough job. Jim Shockey explains this very well. "The Professionals"

Life is short. Carry a camera and make movies. Your kids and their kids will love you for it.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use AVS4U which can be tried as a demo and if you like it, you can buy it on the Internet. If I remember correctly, they have aroud six different sections that you can choose from. The older Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 worked excellent, but the Roxio Creator 2012 which I also have in my opinion is junk. Roxio takes up a lot of room on the computer. Another program is Nero. I have version Nero 11. This also takes up a lot of room on the computer. Some of these programs have demos which one may try for 15 days or so. Roxio and Nero can be purchased either on line or at a computer or electronics store (FutureShop, BestBuy, or Staples etc.)
In the business that MichiganWhitetails74 is in, the wedding is a one time, special occassion and the people involved want high quality work.
All the best in what you choose.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:06 AM
Spike

I use final cut pro and it is good but i have also just started using iMovie which i find easier to use.
heres a video i did with iMovie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5HngG8rmoo
i am not a professional by any means and have had no training in video editing.