Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Pinnacle 12 help!!!

Old 08-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default Pinnacle 12 help!!!

I have a fire helmet camera that saves footage to AVI on an SD card. I tried to upload a continuous run of 25 minutes of footage and it Pinnacle broke it down into 11 pages of scenes....ranging from 1 second to several minutes long.

When I try to select scenes to work on....they all end up as less than 1 second long when I drag them to the timeline.

Maybe I captured the footage wrong....(I'm a Pinnacle rookie)

I used the "import media from device" command.

HELP!!!!

Thanks
Old 08-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm an old dinasour with Pinnacle..!

However I'm use to capturing from mini DV off my 3ccd agdvc30

Ok...

in Edit mode...click on the box that shows you the time line with all of your video clips. On the top of the time line you can spread out the clips and make them longer ..do this with your mouse..this will allow you to make the adjustment you need.

Wish I was there to help you..hard to help from a computer..

good luck
Old 08-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

Hi,
I tried to PM you but it says your "inbox" is full.

The problem is...no matter how long the clip is, when I move it down to the time line....it shows up as a 1 second clip. I have one clip that is 6 minutes....but shows up as 1 second on time line.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 08-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

Try importing the footage again, I have a roscoby riser cam and it records to SD card as well, instead of capturing the footage to my normal file(on my external hard drive), I import it to "my videos" then when editing in pinnacle simply open that file and the footage will be ready for editing. Sounds to me like you may have a corrupt file and it is not loading properly, also pinnacle can be fickle sometimes and cause all kinds of lock ups and weird crap, it may be as simple as closing out of the program and rebooting.
Good luck!
Old 08-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

FireDiver,
I have no experience with Pinnacle but I would imagine there is a setting under capture video or import video which may give you the option to have clips made during downloading or just to download the video in full length. I am not sure if my terminology is correct but I believe those are options with my Adobe Premier Elements 6 so I would assume Pinnacle has something similar.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:31 AM
Typical Buck

I downloaded a file converter (Super C)...converting the AVI file to an MPEG. Viola!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by FireDiver
I downloaded a file converter (Super C)...converting the AVI file to an MPEG. Viola!!!
Be careful. A MPEG file is highly compressed. The AVI will have much better resolution. Ar eyou converting it to a MPEG1? or MPEG2? or for that matter,a MPEG4?
Old 08-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

It doesn't make sense to convert an AVI file to an Mpeg file, as was said earlier Mpeg is compressed alot more than AVI. You will get a better finished product if you edit in AVI and then convert to Mpeg or any other codec you want.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

I would edit in AVI if I could. Pinnacle 12 doesn't like the footage and won't let me do anything with it.

I've tried to capture it every way suggested....nothing worked except the file conversion software that was suggested to me by several people on a Pinnacle forum.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

I have used pinnacle for a number of years..........what exactly is happening with the footage once you capture it and what codec is the footage in it's original form? Most helmet style cams that record to SD card record the footage in an Mpeg or similiar codec. Some older ones use a goofy codec that most newer programs will not recognize and therefore you must convert the footage to a different codec before capturing. What puzzles me is the fact that you are converting from AVI to Mpeg. AVI is the standard codec that I capture all of my footage in Pinnacle for editing. So it seems strange that your software doesn't like the original AVI codec. Are you positive your camera is recording in AVI?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.