Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Video & Photography
 I need your help with my GL2 >

I need your help with my GL2

Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

I need your help with my GL2

Old 11-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I need your help with my GL2

Anyone that can help out I would appreciate it. This morning I got into stand set up my GL2 turned it on zoomed in out a few times and then suddenly my screen goes black. I coudnt figure out what went wrong. The power was on, I could hear the camera running but I have pitch black for a screen. I switched it to view mode and my tape played fine and even recorded the sound .... but went to the black screen. I tried everything, switching my battery ... I hunt on while packing my camera about 6 hours with it stored (VERY DRY) waterproof back pack. I get home and try to turn the camera on and I get nothing, Now I cant even eject my tape..

MIFFFFED ... and worried.. 2000 grand plus couldbe down the drain..

Anyone that has had issues with their cameras please I could use any advice. I plan on finding someone local Monday to take a look at it..

Thanks in advance
Troy
Old 11-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I need your help with my GL2

I don't know..Its not moisture?...if it's still doing it you may want to take it to the local repair guy.

I had issues with my Pani AG-DVC 30 and it was 180 dollars when i was done

Either way you willfigure it out and look back on this...and you'll learn something. Good Luck.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:21 PM

I had problems with my GL2 as well, it kept wanting me to eject my tape. It would only occur when my screen was out though...I sent it in and they cleaned and fixed everything and fixed a loud zoom. It ended up costing me $400. Now it's my back-up camera and i'm using a sony v1. I love it...way better camera and a lot better in low light.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Fork Horn

Could you see through the viewfinder? Sounds like it got moisture in it. Did you set it in front of a heater and see if it might dry out? I have a great repair place I can recommend you to and it is faster and cheaper than sending it back to Canon,.