Community
Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

tripods

Old 10-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default tripods

ok. after this year, i know i have to do something to get pics of me and my harvests that are good, quality pics.

i had my buddy with me when i killed my buck this year. GREAT! someone to take pics. my digital camera is pretty user friendly. he got bored of taking pics after about 10 and isnt into the whole "taking picture thing" i could tell..and wanted breakfast. i figured those 10 or so he took of me and my buck would been good pics..had him take a couple different angles, distances and ground level. out of them i got like 3 that were half decint pics. the rest are blurry. my camera does that if your not careful but you almost have to TRY to make them that way when your taking pics like he was..only time i feel its finiky is super close (inches close)

but anyways.....SOMEONE out that HAS to make a SMALL light weight tripod. i dont care if its only a couple inches high..as long as it has a movable/lockable top piece and is small enough to throw in a pack, it will work. i will make it work. can set it on a log or stump or rock or whatever and center it where i want and set the timer and go pose.

surely they have to make something like that. i just dont know where to even LOOK.

surely someone here must know of something that will work. i rather it be a tiny thing than big and bulky. something i can throw in the pack and not have to leave something else at home..but something that will get the job done.

any help?? you guys know what i mean. i just need it to hold my camera steady and have a moveable/lockable top piece...my camera already has the threaded hole to take the tripod...
Old 10-22-2007, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: tripods

These are the two I'd recommend. Or you can just go to www.bhphotovideo.com and search "mini tripod" There is about 6 pages of the.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/213133-REG/Canon_T0014_Mini_Tripod_7.html

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/283757-REG/Bogen_Manfrotto_709B_709_Tabletop_Tripod_with.html

Old 10-22-2007, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: tripods

awesome!! thanx!! i knew SOMEONE had to know where to find what i want...and knew that they HAD to be made...

now i need a new camera its on the list for my summer shopping. mine has a 10secong self timer...if i set it up, and setup the pose i can click it and get into the picture in time...ive done it before..tripod will make it easier and get my alot better pics.

to me, pictures are important. field pics are AWESOME and are hard to get when you hunt alone 90% of the time. i got alot of nice pics of my game and gun etc...but not too many with me in it...looks like i will beable to now..

man...prices aint bad either...