Video & Photography Tips, tricks, and suggestions for videotaping and photographing your hunts.

Filming camera??

Old 08-29-2007, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default Filming camera??

Can you use a sonycam corder with the 30 gig hard drive to film hunts and what soft ware program is the best for editing and making hunt videos??Im thinking of buying a sony from wal mart and useing it for filming.Will it work??
Thanks,
J.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Filming camera??

Dont see a problem with it, how much do you plan on spending, make sure you do some research, i would suggest a camera that uses tape myself, with a hardrive once you fill it up you will have to put it on your computer and make room for more video on the hardrive on your camera . Also some hardrive driven cameras can be really fragile and might not be good for hunting. For editing it depends how fancy you want to be, if you have never used an editing program (i assume you use windows) i would suggest using windows movie maker it is easy to use and easy to learn and comes preinstalled on most computers.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Filming camera??

I have a sony camera i use to film hunts, but like mentioned above i like the tapes myself. Right now being a poor college student i cant afford nice editing equipment, but i use Adobe Premier Elements. It does the job for right now untill i can for out the money for the industry standard equipment.