Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

slow since thanksgiving

Old 01-01-2002, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default slow since thanksgiving

our local pheasant season has been very slow since thanksgiving we know the birds are around we just can't seem to catch them in the cover been getting afew in the picked corn it's been kind of warm so they are moving early 1 week left in the season how's everyone else doing
Old 01-13-2002, 11:03 PM
Spike

Default RE: slow since thanksgiving

Did bad in central Iowa, fair in NE Kansas,& very well in Western kansas-heading back out to western Kansas the 20th!
Old 01-15-2002, 09:35 PM

HEY ED ILL BE GOING TO KANSAS, AROUND RUSH AND NESS COUNTIES, FOR ONE LAST HUNT OF THE SEASON. MOST THE PEOPLE I KNOW THERE SAY THE HUNTINGS BEEN PRETTY TOUGH, I WAS THINKING ABOUT GOING ALITTLE SOUTH WEST. WHERE IN WEST KANSAS DID YOU HAVE SUCCESS?
Old 01-16-2002, 09:14 AM

My buddy and myself bagged about 25 roosters in Pa. Season is over in my part of the state but planning to go north this weekend where you can shoot hens also.His dog just whelped 10 pups on the 8th of January so we are down to my dog Bo. If anyone is interested in a hunting machine German Shorthair Pointer pup with great pedigree email me at [email protected] for info.
Old 01-17-2002, 06:36 PM
Spike

Small world------hunted Rush,south of Lacrosse, and that is where I will be next week. Leaving Ohio mon. morn! Look for a red Dakota with Ohio plates.........Also have a couple of spots closer to Hays.
Old 01-17-2002, 07:29 PM

Sure is a small world. We are leaving Friday and are staying in Lacross. We'll be driven a tan ford pick-up with Illinios plates, maybe we can hook up for dinner.