Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Favorite upland vest

Old 02-16-2005, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Favorite upland vest

My father gave me a Filson upland bird hunting vest about 15-years ago. The vest is still in good shape. I use it every year.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:08 AM

I have been using a Gamehide for several years. I've never found one yet that had all the features I want so I usually tell my wife how I want them altered and she does it for me. I can't use a sewing machine so it helps to have a wife that understands.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:47 AM

I have the Cabellas vest as well. The hydration system is the ****. I love it on those hot days for the dog. Comfortable and durable ,well worth the money.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:41 PM

I really don't look for name brands. I look for a light wieght yet durable (no netting), with front loads and big pockets.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:47 PM

Has Anyone ever used the pella vest or coat? It has a padded waist belt in it to help carry your loads. Just wondering what thoughts were on them.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:12 PM

Heres what I think of filson.

Old 03-18-2005, 06:48 PM

ORIGINAL: ForgetFilson

Heres what I think of filson.

Have a bad experience. Nice to see you are so passionate.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:37 PM

I use a McAlister vest It work great for me.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:59 PM

Another vote for Filson here. You get what you pay for.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:09 PM

[8D]being out here in Ca. where its usually warm, I went to a strap style vest over twenty years ago. first one was a more fabric type, think it was made by Black Sheep?
Black something or other?
I then got a Filson, plain jane no orange. But, I left it outside my room one dove opener after cleaning my birds, when I remembered, it was gone.
My good friend wanted another type of Filson, and gave me his Filson strap with the orange, for $20, been using it since, I throw in a boda bag for water(2litre) for the dog mainly, all my empties, and of course birds in the game bag.
I carry my calls, knife, choke tubes, cleaning rod(collapsible), hemostats in the right pocket and ammo in the left.
The first one I probably used for close to ten years, this one, now about seven. They're as rugged as all get out!
The filson burner must have had a customer service hangup, because their products, basically can't be beat, for durability at least!
If I were to purchase a new strap vest, I'd seriously consider the Quillomene!!!

Quick Reply: Favorite upland vest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.