Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Upland Bird Hunting
 Any luck with Ruffed Grouse? >

Any luck with Ruffed Grouse?

Community
Upland Bird Hunting Whether you are into pheasants or grouse, quail or chukars, find out what you need to know here.

Any luck with Ruffed Grouse?

Old 09-20-2004, 01:21 PM

Default Any luck with Ruffed Grouse?

Has anyone been out chasing Grouse yet? Any luck? I went out for the opener this weekend and we only managed 2 between about 8 of us but considering the heat I was happy with that.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:54 AM
Spike

Default RE: Any luck with Ruffed Grouse?

Hi Rick, where do you hunt?
Old 09-22-2004, 02:53 PM

Northern Minnesota, how about you?
Old 09-27-2004, 11:27 AM
Spike

NOrthern lower Michigan for me. Haven't seen a lot of birds yet and the leaves are still up so can't get a shot at the ones I hear. Great tiime though.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:00 PM

Same Story here as Joe Clark. Not many grouse. Only bagged one and flushed about 4 more so far. Should get some better shots as the leaves start to fall. I am in northeastern L.P. of Michigan
Old 09-30-2004, 06:41 PM

I havent been out this year but I know MN's grouse cycle is on the rebound so hopefully its better than the last couple of years. TheRick, where in northern MN do you hunt? I own some land in st. lous county and we have had some awesome hunting in the past.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:05 AM

Either just NW of Bemidji or near Squaw Lake. Sounds like the leaves should be coming down soon and the temp is dropping so hopefully it will pick up.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:13 AM

Well, grouse seem to be a bit down from where they were from last year here in Michigan. Out of the 6 or 7 time I was out, only managed 2 birds, and one of those was a woodcock. Now with the archery deer season going, I'll spend more of my afternoons hunting birds, and mornings nad evening in the tree stand. Good luck to you all.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:32 PM

im over in northwestern wisconsin and since opener I have only flushed 3 and shot at one ( missed though) The grouse seem to be on the down cycle here to. Any on have any good grouse spots they want to share close to burnett county wi please share here.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:22 PM

I have had some success just north of Duluth, MN along Hwy 4 and over to Brimson area. You have to work, but there seems to be plenty of birds.

Quick Reply: Any luck with Ruffed Grouse?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.